Chapter Six

I was smiling like a idiot for the next week. Nothing could wipe the smile off my face. Not Snape, Not anybody. Sirius, James, Peter and I started the presses to become animungus. There has been a few times that the boys tried to talk and I would hit them. Thankfully I was almost invisible to the professors or I'd have a lot of questions to answer. Sirius and James somehow went an entire month without talking and we were now patiently waiting for a storm to pass so we could finish.

"Y/n, you promised we'd go to the library!" Lily whined. "Are you a Chile's Lils, you sound like a child." I said teasing her. "Whatever, will you grab my brush out of my trunk please?" She asked. I nodded, which she couldn't see and opened her trunk. I grabbed her hairbrush and saw the letter addressed to me. "Hey Lils what's this letter?" I asked. She ran over to me and took the letter from my hands. "It's nothing." She said and hid it behind her back. "It had my name on it." I said and folded my arms over my chest. "I-I-it's not important." She said quickly. "If it's nothing you won't mind if I read it." I said and raised an eyebrow. "Well yes and no." She said and blushed. "Just let me read it Lils." I said and stuck my hand out. "Fine, but you can't hate me after." She said and placed the letter in my hand reluctantly. "Pfff, I could never hate you Lils." I giggled. She looked away as I opened the letter. I saw the first word and knew what letter it was. "Aw Lils, this is how you feel about me?" I asked. "Ya, you don't hate me, do you?" She asked and she look sad. "What, Lils your my best friend I could never hate you." I said. 'Stupid stupid stupid, just tell her' "I actually have a letter for you too." I said. "You do?!" She exclaimed happily. "Well not a letter more of a poem." I said. "Well then, go on." Her smile only grew.

"Your hair is as red as fire and eyes as green as trees, how I wish I could tell you, my feels." I said and giggled at the end. "You made that up on the spot didn't you?" She asked. "What gave it away?" I asked. "I don't know, only that you said feels." She giggled. "But I'm Sirius Lils, Pun intended. I like you too." I giggled. She hit me and then pulled me into a hug. "I'm getting mixed signals here Lily." I laughed. She giggled lightly and punched my arm again. "Ow!" I exclaimed. "Want to go to Hogsmade and talk for a little bit?" She asked. "Is the Lily Evans asking me Y/n Potter on a date?" I questioned playfully. "Of sorts, yes." She said and  punched me again. "Ow, I think you left bruises!" I exclaimed. "Than I expect." I smiled and grabbed her arm. I was about to pull her out of the dorm when she stopped. "I only have half of my makeup on!" She exclaimed. "Can I kiss the side I think is better looking?" I asked. Lily blushed but nodded and I kissed the side with no makeup. "What are you going to do?" I asked. "Take off my makeup." She smiled and quickly ran away to take off her makeup. My heart was hammering in my chest. What the hell was that. I'm never that bloody confident. Lily came back out and I dragged her to Hogsmade.

First we got butter beers and talked about how much of an idiot my brother is, then we went to Honey Ducks and that's when things got interesting. "So the Lily Evans likes a Potter?" I questioned quietly. "Shut it will you!" She said and stomped on my foot. "Ow, your mean." I said and I'm pure Potter fashion I pretended to pout. "Oh Y/n I'm sorry." Lily said quickly. "You fell for that, that was my worst act yet!" I exclaimed and she giggled. "Want some chocolate frogs?" I asked and she nodded. I grabbed three chocolate frogs and went to sit with Lily. "So what does this make us?" She asked. I handed her two chocolate frogs. "Whatever you want us to be, we could be dating, best friends, friends, just a thing." I said and Lily glared at me. "What do you want us to be?" She asked. "That is up to you entirely." I said and she kicked me. "You have to have some input." She whined. "I don't want to pressure you." I said simply and began to eat my chocolate frog. She groaned and slumped in her seat. "I think that we should.." she paused and looked around the room. "I think we should date, but not call each other girlfriend and girlfriend yet, you know?" She asked and she looked really anxious. "So work our way up to dating, I like it Lils." I said. "This means you can't rip someone's head off for flirting with me." Lily said. "I don't like it anymore." I said and she rolled her eyes playfully at me. "Just a little jinx?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. "Fine, a little one." She said and finally began to eat her first chocolate frog.

I grabbed Lily's hand and pulled her into a little wooded area. "What is this, oh god are you going to murder me?" She asked. "I figured today can be our first date." I said and continued to pull her through the wooded area.

I pulled her till we got to a field with flowers of all variety. There was daisy's, roses, and my favorite of all lily's. "How did you find this?" Lily asked, a smile tugging at her lips. "I went for a walk to clear my head one day and walked too far into the forest." I said. "This really is beautiful." She said and sat down in a pile of lily's. "Not as beautiful as you." I said and she giggled. "That was really cheesy." She said. "Really? I didn't think so." I said and sat next to her. "You know, never did I ever think I would be going out with a Potter." Lily said. "Ya, well life is full of surprises." Lily then laid her head on my shoulder.