Valentine's Day Extra

(This is just an extra for you guys to enjoy!)

"So, what are you doing for Aiden, Elijah?" Lily hummed as they sat at the lunch table where Aiden and Blair had disappeared to discuss work. This caused the male to look up in surprise, not sure what she was referring to.

"Uh...for what?" Elijah asked in confusion which caused her to look a little surprised.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...you know a day where you show your love for your lover. You know, flowers, chocolates, things like that." Her words confused him even more and she seemed to pick up on that, to his relief.
"I am taking Blair out. He always pays for us, but I have been working so we can go to a movie dinner. He enjoys the finer things, but I prefer the simpler ones." She explained with a small smile.

"Well, I don't even know what I would do for Aiden. I mean I do not have money or anything like that." Elijah frowned, biting his lip.

"You do not need to have money to make him happy, Elijah. Use what you have on hand and what you know about him." It was Luke who spoke, to his surprise. He nodded, biting his lip. Though Lily quickly shushed them as the others returned. The conversation left Elijah's mind reeling. He was not really sure what the point in Valentine's Day was, but if it was to show love than he wanted to carry through with something. He was thankful to have Aiden in his life and he wanted to show the male that. He could ask Jamison for advice when Aiden was working, but he wanted desperately to come up with something on his own.

"Why are you pouting, Pet?" Aiden hummed as he sat back down at the table, running a hand through Elijah's hair. He simply shook his head in response, offering Aiden a small smile. The older male did not push the subject as the food came out and they settled for eating instead.

That night, Elijah was stuck trying to determine what he could do for Aiden and barely slept. For once, he was awake at the same early time as Aiden. He searched desperately for an answer on how to make the male happy. There was one option that was painfully obvious, but he was not sure he was ready to offer such a thing yet to the male. It was an idea he dismissed quickly, knowing he was not ready for it and that Aiden would not want him to force himself to do something he was not ready for.

"Jamison, please help me. I want to do something for Aiden for Valentine's Day, but I mean I didn't even know what it was before yesterday." He quickly spoke the next morning to Jamison who listened as he dried off the wine glasses.

"You are aware that Aiden does not expect anything from you, right?" Jamison quirked an eyebrow. This caused Elijah to shake his head, crossing his arms.

"He does everything for me. I want to just do something this one day." He mumbled as Jamison offered him a towel and glass. He took them obediently, helping Jamison clean as the male spoke.

"Well, he does have a busy schedule, so it is not the easiest to work around." The male explained as he thought. He understood the male's urge to do something for Aiden but doing things for him was not easy when he was always so busy.
"Why don't you do something different from his everyday schedule? He is always going to fancy restaurants, but it is not often that he slows down and enjoys the smaller things. It might sound a little...lame, but there is an arboretum on the outer edge of the city. There is also an aquarium, insect garden, zoo, and other things like that in the nearby area."

"Are you sure it is something Aiden would enjoy?" Elijah blinked in surprise as he handed his freshly dried glass to Jamison who offered a small shrug in response.

"Aiden does not take the time to enjoy things as he should. It will be good for him to slow down and enjoy some fresh air." He explained.

"How can I ask him to go to something that would cost money? I do not have money and it would cost him." He tilted his head. There was a moment of silence before Jamison reached into his pocket, holding out two hundred-dollar bills. Elijah stared at the money in surprise before he quickly shook his head.
"I couldn't. You work hard for that money and it would be wrong to take that."