Chapter 24

The flight back home was tiring, and Elijah was more than thankful for the sleeping pills Aiden gave him. When he woke, he was surprised to find himself in Aiden's bed, the covers delicately tucked around him. With a yawn, he sat up and glanced around to find the male was nowhere to be seen. He tried to recall getting off the plane, or at least arriving home, but could not. He could only assume the pills had knocked him out for a solid few hours so the plane ride did not make him sick. After, Aiden seemed to have put him in his bed. A part of him smiled at that realization. Aiden could have put him in his guest room that he had granted Elijah as his own, except he had chosen to let him sleep in his personal bed. He laid back down for a moment, nuzzling into the pillows with a soft, content sigh. The pillows smelt like Aiden and his cologne, something he relished in and wished he could bathe in. Part of him was disappointed the trip was over, but the other part was glad to be home.

Home...it was strange for him to view Aiden's house that way. He had never considered any place his home. Never had he felt safe and secure enough to think a place could be his. Yet he had unconsciously come to accept Aiden's home as his own. The male had proven to be nothing but kind to him as well as understanding. Nearly even loving. It was a relief to finally feel safe with somebody; to finally know that he would never need to please someone he did not want to.

"You're awake." He jumped at the sound of Aiden's voice, looking up to find him leaning in the bathroom doorway. His hair was damp, and he had a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Y-Yeah," He stuttered as he eyed the male, appreciating the view before his eyes flickered up to Aiden.
"Thank you. For letting me sleep in your room, I mean." He said softly which caused the male to chuckle as he made his way over.

"You are welcome in my room anytime you desire, love." He ran a hand through Elijah's hair which the younger male immediately leaned into. This caused Aiden to chuckle, sliding his hand to cup the male's cheek before he leaned to press a light kiss to his lips.
"I am going to get dressed. Why don't you do the same and we can see about meeting Cade and Victor for some lunch? Cade informed me he has some good news." He hummed softly. Elijah nodded, standing, and immediately following him to the closet. He realized he was in his boxers and a large t-shirt, most likely Aiden's. This caused him to blink in surprise before he shook it off and disappeared to his own room. He did not mind that Aiden had changed him, but he was thankful the male had been considerate enough to not completely strip him. It seemed he always took into consideration how Elijah might feel about his actions.

Once he was dressed in a pair of blue jeans and the same t-shirt of Aiden's, he met the older male in the hall. Aiden was wearing something similar, much to Elijah's amusement. He enjoyed seeing the male outside of his typical suit that he wore for work.
"You look lovely, as always." Aiden hummed his approval as he approached, placing his hands on Elijah's waist to draw him in.

"You think so?" Elijah bit his lip as he stared up at the male before something caught his attention. He reached up, his fingers lightly toying with the choker Aiden still wore.

"Of course. I enjoy seeing you in my clothes." Aiden let out a chuckle of amusement, though he eyed Elijah curiously as the male toyed with the necklace.

"You aren't going to take it off or throw it away?" Elijah had expected the male would only wear it for the one night to appease him. He had expected the choker to soon be tossed in the trash as it was intended to represent Elijah as the dominant for the day.

"Of course not, Elijah. You picked it out and I am more than happy to wear it. I mean, imagine if you decided to remove your collar and not wear it or throw it away. That would upset me." Aiden explained as he reached up, capturing Elijah's hand in his own.