Chapter 32

(Share your thoughts! )

(Also, I apologize for the late update! It was an extremely hectic week!)

Aiden explained to Elijah a little more about the job he was offering him as they drove home. The boy nodded in understanding with everything he said as he eyed his new fish. It was a beautiful color of blue, though rather dull. He could only assume the dull color was due to how long it had been left in the small bowl.

"Are you listening to me, pet, or are you too busy admiring your new fish?" Aiden's voice broke him out of his staring at the fish. His cheeks flushed and he looked to him with a weak smile as he held up the fish.

"It's pretty." His defense was weak, and it caused Aiden to laugh quietly, shaking his head as he pulled up to the house.

"Alright, why don't you carry your pretty fish to the room while I get the rest of your stuff." He murmured, receiving a grin from Elijah who quickly did as told. He hurried to the bedroom, humming softly as he eyed the betta fish. He was excited to finally have a new pet, even if it was something as small as a fish. Aiden had promised he could have another animal after proving he could handle a fish, so he was hopeful for getting another pet in the near future.

"I wish my goldfish had lived longer than the day we were there." Elijah commented to Aiden as the male entered the room. He quickly moved to help him carry everything in and he chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry he didn't make it, love. Granted you don't seem too excited about fish anyways." His tone was light, and Elijah pouted at him as he held the bags of supplies out to him.

"Maybe the goldfish just wasn't for me?" He offered a small shrug as he looked to his betta, grinning slightly.

"But I am excited for this one. He is so beautiful."

"Bettas are a little more resilient too. The goldfish we got might have been sick already." Aiden admitted as he began to plug everything in for the tank as well as filling it up with purified water. Elijah watched him closely, taking in everything he did.

"The water will need to run before we put him in. Normally, it should run for a few weeks, but I suppose we can do it for a day or so. It won't kill him but isn't ideal."

Elijah nodded in understanding as he watched Aiden add in some water and then the gravel and decorations they had bought. He enjoyed helping the male set everything up until they were both satisfied, and Aiden poured the remainder of the water in, add the heater, and turned the filter on.

"I like it." Elijah grinned slightly as he eyed the tank and then his new betta, which was still in it's bowl, sitting next to the tank.

"Let's let that filter. How about we go to the tattoo shop now to look at the piercings?" Aiden hummed as he wound his arms around Elijah. He tugged the boy close, his hand smoothing down his back. Elijah immediately relaxed in his arms, his eyes fluttering shut as he held onto Aiden.

"Can I get any piercing I like?" He asked softly, earning a look of surprise from Aiden and then a small chuckle.

"Whatever makes you happy, love." He promised softly as he leaned down to lightly press his lips against the male's lips. Elijah grinned slightly and kissed him back, his arms tightening further around the male.

"Thank you, sir." He murmured causing Aiden to smirk in amusement, his hands sliding along Elijah's body to stroke his ass.

"I hope you will make it up to me before we go." He breathed against the smaller boy's lips. Elijah's cheeks flushed with color, but he only pressed against him, hesitating before he shifted to press his lips to Aiden's neck.