Chapter 3

"Mr. Elijah? I have brought the food requested by Mr. Blackwell." There was a knock on Elijah's door and he quickly sat up from where he was laying on the bed.

"Yes, come in!" He said quickly and the door opened. The male that stepped in was in his 40's. He had brown hair with slight graying, but not much. He wore a suit and certainly had the stereotypical butler look.
"Are you Jamison?" He asked as the food was brought over on a tray. The butler nodded, offering him a smile.

"I am. Mr. Blackwell said he was not sure what you would like so he requested we bring you a variety. So, we have some eggs, made over easy, toasts, guacamole, and some asparagus. He also asked that we give you a variety of fruit as well." While there was a large variety of food on the plate, Elijah also realized that it was all in smaller amounts. It all equaled up to a fair-sized plate that was well-balanced. His mouth watered; he had never seen such delicious foods. His father had always given him cheap food that was bland in flavor.

"Wow, I have never seen such delicious looking food." His mouth watered simply looking at it. Jamison carefully set up a tray over Elijah's lap before transferring the plates onto it. Almost immediately, Elijah dug into it.
"Oh, this is amazing." He sighed as he ate the avocado on the toast. He quickly finished it, scarfing it down before eating the eggs and the asparagus. While the asparagus was not his favorite, he loved the fruit.

"What do you think?" The butler asked him curiously as he began to clean up the now empty plates.

"I think I may go into a food coma." Elijah laughed softly, watching as he cleaned up.
"It was absolutely amazing, although the asparagus was not my favorite. It was bitter." He wrinkled his nose as he laid back down in the bed.

"I'll make sure to make a note of that." Jamison looked rather amused as he began to push the cart.
"Mr. Blackwell would like to see you soon. He is in his office. Care to follow me and I can show you?" He offered. Elijah nodded, quickly standing. He did not want to make Jamison have to come get him later and inconvenience him. The butler nodded, leading him to where an elevator was. He was shocked to see it but came to the conclusion that it was most likely used specifically for the staff to bring carts upstairs such as the one Jamison had.
"His office is right here." Jamison led him to one of the doors that rested off to the side of the grand staircase.

"Thank you!" Elijah nodded, quickly making his way to the door. He came to a stop rather quickly, knocking on the door. It would have been rude for him to just barge in without knocking first.

"Yes?" Aiden's voice came from the other side of the door and he opened it, stepping in.

"Jamison said you wanted to see me?" He bit his lip, shutting the door behind him. He found Aiden to be a little intimidating, granted it made sense. The male was wealthy and good-looking. He had money and a life laid out for him. Whereas Elijah might as well of came from the streets.

"Yes, come take a seat." Aiden smiled, motioning him over.
"Take a seat. How was your breakfast?" He questioned as Elijah took a seat in the chair in front of his desk. The boy could not help but notice that the businessman had a small bowl of fruits in front of him that he seemed to be snacking on.

"It was delicious, although I didn't like the asparagus. I did still eat it though. I didn't want to waste it." Elijah admitted honestly. He felt it would be wrong to lie to him after he was doing so much for him.

"Of course. If you would like, you can make a list of things you like. I can have the cook start making those specific things for you." It sounded like a great offer, but Elijah did not even know what he liked.

"I have only ever eaten cheap, quick fix foods and fast food. I wouldn't even know where to start." He admitted. He saw the glint of anger that flashed in Aiden's eyes but other than that, his face did not so much as twitch.