Chapter 35

(See! I didn't leave ya'll hanging for too long on that cliff 😅)

A low groan left Elijah's lips as he blinked a few times. He could feel the weight if Aiden slumped against him. His body felt heavy and pained, difficult to move.

"Aiden?" He groaned quietly, his fingers brushing the male's hair from his face weakly. A small groan was the response and Elijah gave a quiet grunt of pain as he tried to unbuckle the seat belt. It was jammed, unable to come loose causing him to curse quietly.
"Aiden, please wake up." He whimpered quietly. There was another quiet groan from the male and his head rolled to Elijah.

"What...happened?" Aiden's voice was a low groan, but Elijah was thankful to hear it at all.

"I-I don't...a wreck...I think." Elijah swallowed thickly, his hands trembling.
"The seatbelts are stuck, and I can't see if Jamison is okay."

"Pocket...pocketknife." Aiden muttered. Elijah was surprised by his words but quickly moved to feel the male's pocket. Indeed, he could feel the pocketknife and tried to grab it before slicing the seatbelt which restrained him.

"Your head is bleeding." Elijah breathed as he gently cupped Aiden's cheek, studying the injury carefully.

"I'm fine, check on Jamison." Aiden mumbled quietly. Elijah did so obediently, wincing as he pushed himself to his feet. He glanced in the front seat and his eyes widened as he saw the man.

"A-Aiden-" He cut himself off when he heard the sirens, but the male did not appear affected by the noise.

"What is it? Is he okay?"

"H-He's bleeding, bad. It looks like something cut him on his side." Elijah stuttered as he glanced back at Aiden.

"Take my jacket and put it to the injury of there is nothing sticking out. Add pressure to it." Aiden nodded towards his jacket that had fallen onto the floor. Elijah did as he was told, his hands trembling as he pressed into the wound.
"Is he breathing?"

"Y-Yeah. Aiden, I'm scared." Elijah whimpered as he stared at Jamison's face. The male was older, and he worried for him. His body was not young and would probably not bounce back as easily.

"It's okay, love. I am right here." Aiden did his best to soothe him, eyes he watched the male carefully. He couldn't move easily, his body aching.
"The ambulance will be here soon."

It was then that Elijah realized he could hear panicked voices outside the car. He had been so focused on inside the car, his brain blocked out all the noise. He swallowed thickly as he stared at Jamison. It was hard to keep himself from breaking down, wanting nothing more than to cry and sob. He was terrified of what had happened, that Jamison might die. That Aiden might not be okay.

"It's okay, Elijah. You are doing great, love. Just keep holding pressure." Aiden mumbled and Elijah heard something loud outside the car causing him to scream, his body curling in as he expected something else to happen. He was surprised when he felt the weight of Aiden on his shoulder, and he turned to see the older male had moved himself to lean against his leg. It was an odd position since Elijah was standing, leaning between the two front seats to reach Jamison. Yet that small weight on him felt like the biggest reassurance. He just wanted to curl up into Aiden's arms.
"I'm right here."

"Hey! How is everyone doing in there?!" Elijah jumped at the shout of a man's voice, and he hesitated, glancing down at Aiden who seemed to be struggling to stay awake.

"U-Uh not so good!" Elijah called, biting his lip.
"Can you get us out? Please?"

"We are about to do that now, but we need to know what it's looking like in there. How many people? Is anyone seriously injured? Can you move?"