Chapter 38

(This chapter is a tiny bit shorter than normal, but I am excited for the next chapter)

Elijah released a quiet sigh as he sat at Aiden's desk in the office building, studying the various forms before him. He separated them by form, alphabetized them, and dated them as he had been requested to. Aiden had explained he had many meetings to attend that day since he was finally returning to work after having been out for many days. He had not protested at all, simply nodding in understanding.

"Elijah." His eyes flickered to the door where Aiden was entering his office.

"Sir?" He tilted his head as he held his arms for the male. Aiden immediately made his way over, hugging him and pressing a soft kiss to his head. Elijah grinned and moved to lightly kiss him on the lips.
"You seem stressed."

"I've had five meetings today." Aiden snorted in amusement at his words. Elijah squeaked in surprise when the older male slid to his knees, pressing his cheek against his thigh. He had not expected it from the male, but he did not have any complaints either. He hummed lowly, reaching down and gently running his fingers through Aiden's hair.

"It is weird when you are like this." Elijah admitted, though he continued to smile as he stroked his hair lightly.

"It is relaxing. I like it, especially having your attention." Aiden mumbled, rolling his eyes before they settled closed again. Elijah could see the male was clearly stressed from his back-to-back meetings. He seemed tired, his body tense. As though waiting for the next meeting call.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He offered, earning an amused chuckle. Aiden seemed to consider his words before simply shaking his head.

"This is enough." He murmured the words as he seemed to slowly relax between the soft touch in his hair and the hand which began to gently knead his tense back muscles. Though his relaxed state was soon interrupted by a knock on the door. He gave a muffled groan but called for the person to enter.

"Aiden, I wanted to remind you about the press conference. Regarding your upcoming release." It was Heather who spoke, not even commenting on the position the two were in. Aiden gave a muffled response, simply pressing his face further into Elijah's thigh.

"Sir," Elijah lightly tugged the strands of his hair and he felt the warning touch of the male's teeth against his thigh.

"Don't wanna." Aiden mumbled finally, though it seemed to only be for Elijah's ears with how quiet it was.

"What is the press conference?" Elijah glanced up to Heather since Aiden seemed tired still, most likely beyond exhausted with his steady meetings and the lingering tiredness from his concussion.

"Aiden is releasing a new product catered to-"

"Heather." Aiden cut the female off, and she quickly went quiet, biting her lip.

"Sorry, I assumed he knew." She explained, though the older male did not seem to concerned as he had not budged from where he was nestled between Elijah's legs.

"What time does it start?" Elijah asked instead. Heather glanced to the chart she held in her hand, scanning her finger down it slowly.

"An hour. He has thirty minutes to himself to eat and then he has to meet to prepare beforehand and get set up." She explained. Elijah nodded in understanding, glancing to the clock which showed the time was 12:30. Aiden had not even eaten at his usual time with how busy he had been.

"Alright. We will eat then. Thank you." Elijah offered her a smile. She shut the door with that and left.

"You are so much more confident. I like it." Aiden mumbled against his leg before turning his face so he could stare up at Elijah and admire the boy. He did not miss the flush that dusted the pale cheeks as he gave a shake of the head.