Chapter 3: Gutta Potential

Chapter 3

           "Just heard niggas got jokes, it's just a matter of time before one dies." -Nicki Minaj 

-------------------------------------------

At the words of Ronnie saying he had my back had my heart fluttering and my stomach churning all at the same time. The idea of one of the most feared men in all of South Central having my back, and Kayo's had me ready to rejoice. South Central is a horrible place filled with dope boys, killers, and druggies, and death seemed to hide around every corner, and now that Kayo's associated with this stupid game we all needed to be on our toes. I was also concerned though because I still want no part of Ronnie, but now it seems like thanks to Kayo, I'm officially associated.

"Okay. Thanks for getting him back to us safely." I mumbled stepping away from him and allowing him to walk in the house.

He stepped all the way in and I closed the door, before turning back towards him, but he was already looking at me. Just staring down at me, and I wanted to squirm away. Ronnie had some of the prettiest eyes I've ever seen, so when they're just staring directly at you, you can't help but to feel some type of way.

"Um, Kayo's in the dining room." I pointed before walking that way so he could follow.

When we walked into the dining room Kayo was on the phone with somebody. He looked over and dapped Ronnie up and then held up a finger to tell him to wait. Ronnie just gave a quick head nod in response before taking a seat. I had felt like they were going to talk about this new shit that Kayo done got himself into, and I wanted no part in it. I came to the conclusion that if Kay was gonna do this shit, then I wanted to know as little as possible, on a real don't ask, don't tell policy.

"Well I'm gonna walk over to Marisol's tell mama and papi I'll be back later." I told Kayo as I swung around the corner to head for the door, but of course was stopped.

"Wait! Why you goin' over there?" Kayo asked.

I rolled my eyes walking back into the room. It was no secret that Kayo wasn't a fan of Marisol. Ever since Mari had snitched on Kay about cheating on his high school sweetheart Lani, he's hated her. The saying snitches get stitches lived heavily out here, actually the sayings been evolved to, snitches get ditches, and that one was more so true. No one who snitched now a days was leaving with just a scratch, you got killed for that shit, Mari's life was only spared at the time because she was my friend and I begged and begged him not to put a hit on her for her wrong doings. Kay agreed, but he still hated her and really didn't care for her one man in one man out lifestyle either.

"Because we want to hangout, why else Kay?" I asked while putting a hand on my hip.

"Just makin' sure she ain't got no niggas over there for you or some slick shit like that." He responded turning back to his phone.

I rolled my eyes heading to leave again, but my arm got tugged back. When I turned and looked down I saw that it was Ronnie who grabbed me up, and immediately got nervous.

"Aye if anything pops off, call Kayo and we'll come through. I know Marisol got one of her niggas over there and he get ta spazzin, so watch yo self. You want us to come with?" He asked.

I first shook my head then slowly slid my arm out of his grip. He looked down at my now removed arm and then back up at me. He was so handsome but beyond dangerous.

"No. Nothin' I can't handle."

"Oh so you a lil gutta chick or somethin'?" He smirked looking me over.