Chapter 16: Do Whatchu Gotta Do

Chapter 16

Do Whatchu Gotta Do
--------------------------------------
Lena
-3 days later-

"Lee, you sure about doing this, do you even know who Henno is?" Marisol questioned from her spot on my bed, while I got my heels on.

"Yea I know who he is, hell it'd be hard for me not to." I grumbled.

Since the day at the factory when Ronnie asked me to do this little setup shit, I was put off. Meeting up with Henno? That's like re-meeting Ronnie all over again. Henno is big in the streets too, the god father if you will--from what Ronnie told me. These last few days he's been giving me the run down on all things Henno so I could go in here correctly, and not fucking any of the plans up, because if I do, that's my ass.

"Right, so if you know who he is why is your dumb ass finna go meetup with him?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Because Mari, I have to."

"You don't have to do shit!"

"Yes I do. Those guys were after me so I need to know what for."

"Y'all don't even know if Henno sent those niggas!" She yelled.

I turned towards her and rolled my eyes. "No duh Marisol, that's what I'm for." I pointed out again.

Marisol has been buggin' since I told her the plan for how Ronnie was going to throw me straight into the lions den to question Henno. I know it's crazy, but I don't know, my heart is telling me to trust Ronnie and I do, and whatever he needs I'm down.

"Lena this is all crazy, say Henno find out you settin' him up; now that's gone be a big ass target on your back!"

"Okay Mari, I'm willing to take that risk!"

"You're fucking crazy." She mumbled as she shook her head.

I didn't say anymore because deep down I knew this was a little crazy, maybe even borderline suicide, but it's what I gotta do. Ronnie need my help and I'm gonna give it to him, flat out. I went on gettin' my shit together before I was about to head down stairs since Ronnie had texted me that he was outside.

I was just about to walk out the room with Mari right behind me, but my door busted open to reveal a livid Kayo. He was all red in the face and looked like he was gonna bust anytime now.

"You not goin' Lena, take that shit off." He demanded looking over my outfit.

"Uhm excuse you?"

"Nah excuse yo lil dumb ass. You ain't finna go out there and do that damn setup so you dumb ass can get kilt or some shit."

"I'm not going to get killed and I am going!" I yelled back.

He snatched me up by my arm and shook me a little hard. Kay got some strength on him so that rattled me a little and low key put some type of fear in me. Kayo has never been this pissed.

"You go out there and I won't speak to yo ass ever again; I'll disown you in these streets." He challenged. He looked dead serious and I knew he meant it, but I still wasn't trying to hear it.

"Do whatchu gotta do."

I snatched my arm out his hand and left out my room and downstairs. I saw mama cleaning off the dining room table while I walked past, and she glanced over at me before bringing her eyebrows together. I'm sure she's wondering about my little outfit, because it was a little showy, but it's what I was gonna have to wear if I wanted to seem like the real deal.

"Lena honey where you goin'?" She asked as she stepped out on the porch with me.

I could see Ronnie leaning against his car waiting on me, but I stopped anyways to speak to mama. "I'm going with Ronnie."