Chapter 8: Start Listening

Chapter 8

"Don't go to church, but I pray though, even God know I don't play though." -Montana Of 300
--------------------------------------------
Lena

After what Ronnie said I damn near passed out. He was saying shit that every girl out here wanted to hear. To have a nigga say that he wants to take you out of this type of life and show you the better things the world has to offer is all that any girl could want. Not only that, but he straight up admitted to wanting to have sex with me and the way he said his last statement made me consider giving it up right here, right now.

"That one hundred enough for you?" He asked with a smirk. I slowly nodded and dropped my hands from around his neck and put them back to my side.

He chuckled and then stepped around me heading out of the room. I had to check myself back into reality and get it together, because Ronnie left me dazed and wet between the legs. He's smooth with his words and knows just what to say which makes me question if what he said was completely true, but the way he stared at me when he said it, almost completely diminished any thoughts of him lying.

I left his room and headed back into the kitchen where he was making his plate and mine since I hadn't before. I was to bothered thinking about why he was so upset with me so quick, I shouldn't have cared an not let him know that it mattered to me that he was upset, but I just needed to know. Now that I do though, I don't know what I want.

"Here you go mami." He handed me my plate across the counter and then stood on the other side beginning to eat his taco's.

I grabbed one of mine and bit into it and smiled seeing how good it was. He ain't too bad in the kitchen. It isn't a surprise since in the whole Latino culture cooking is a big deal, mainly the women do it since the husbands are always out working, but guys always have to pick up a lil somethin', somethin' here and there.

"These are good. Thank you." I told him. He looked up from his now empty plate and grinned.

"You welcome. Come in the livin' room wit' me when you done." He stated before leaving out of the kitchen. I finished up what little of my two Taco's I had left and then headed into the living room where Ronnie was on the phone with someone.

He looked like whatever it was, was serious so I quietly sat down next to him.

"Fuck you mean Tito ain't trynna pay up?" He asked while standing up and heading for his room again. I just sat on the couch and waited for him to come back.

When he did he was dressed in all black and slowly sliding a glock into the waste band of his pants. I immediately stiffened up seeing it and got nervous. It's pretty damn obvious what you doin' when you runnin' around in all black with a glock strapped to your hip and from what little I heard from the conversation he was about to get down how I'm thinkin'. I don't know why, but it immediately made me scared for him. I know Ronnie does shit like this everyday, but to see him actually prepare for it was a little scary.

"Shit nigga, I'm already on my way, keep tailin' little nigga, 'til I get 'round that way." He spoke before ending the call and putting his phone in his pocket. He looked over at me and started heading for the door, but I got up and grabbed his arm before he could leave out.

"You aren't coming Lena." He stated once he turned to me. I looked at him confused, but steady walked behind him outside.

When we got to his car he turned to me and shook his head before stepping closer to me and grabbing my arm.

"You gotta go back inside Le, I'll be back in a couple of hours. I got some shit to handle."

"If you got stuff to handle then why don't you take me home?"