Chapter 5: No Scrubs

Chapter 5

"Girl I need all that love but I'll wait 'cause I don't want to seem like I'm hatin', girl I really ain't hatin'. You got options and I'm here to let you know." -PARTYNEXTDOOR

---------------------------------------------

"I can't with you girl. Its not that hard to find a dress and some shoes." Marisol stressed as we walked around a local store downtown.

We've been down here for hours now and I have yet to spot something eye catching. I know I wanted to act like Ronnie doesn't make an impression on me, but honestly he does. When he said he was going to be watching me tonight that instilled some type of excitement and anticipation. I don't want to embrace these feelings because at the end of the day, its still Ronnie Menuenos, its still the walking man with danger tagging along everywhere he goes. But then again, it was Ronnie . The obviously sexy and charming bad boy.

"But it is Mari. You know no one ever leaves out of SC, so you know at least four girls will have the same stuff on and I don't want to be one of them." I shrugged as I carried on looking through racks. Mari trugged behind me huffing, she was almost as bad as a little kid in a store when it comes to shopping, she is highly impatient.

"When have you even cared about standing out? You're always in the back ground."

" Well damn, thanks that means so much." I stated sarcastically.

"Hey, I'm just speaking truth. You never care enough to search this high and low for something to wear. You usually just stick to your whole, Prima J look thing. "

"I do not dress like those girls!" I laughed at her. I'll admit I sport a large pair of hoop earrings and some shiny lip gloss every now and again, but that whole Mexican 2006 look was far dead.

I skimmed on in the racks and pulled out a purple dress, but put it right back once I saw the big bow on it. Keeping on through the racks, I decided that my best bet would be to go for a black dress, those seem to always be flattering. I came across two nice looking ones and pulled them out to examine them. Both were beautiful and I couldn't figure out which one would look best on me so I turned to Mari for her input, but she was across the store talking to some Latino.

"Typical." I mumbled shoving the dresses back in the rack to walk over to get her, but was stopped when someone ran into me as I turned around.

"Oh shit, my bad mami." I heard their voice. Looking up I immediately got mesmerized by the guy.

He was gorgeous no doubt. Jet black hair, Tattoos every where and a sexy smile. God bless him and his parents because he is far too attractive for it to be right.

"You're fine. That was my bad." I smiled lightly. I started walking past him again, but he grabbed my hand stopping me.

When I turned around he kept his grip on my hand and brought me closer to him. Any guy being this direct and cool with me hasn't happened since meeting Jay. Now that was a guy who clearly had no holds barred when it came to getting girls, but you could only commend him for his effort.

"What's your name baby?" He smiled.

"Lena."

"Marage? Kayo's lil sister?"

"Yea, that's me."

"You don't remember me girl? Its Gio, we used to go to middle school together. You had to help me in English all the time." He reminded me. Once I realized who he was I started laughing lightly.

"Oh, Gio! I do remember now. You were shit at English back then." I giggled some more. He shook his head laughing too.

"Yea, yea. Its all good now. So what's been up witchu? Whatchu doin' down here?"