Chapter 26: It Wasnt Suppose to Be Like This

Chapter 26

"Girl it feel like you and I been mourning together; Inseparable, we chose pain over pleasure. For that you'll forever be apart of me. Mind body and soul ain't no I in we." -Ja Rule

---------------------------------
Lena ; 5 years later

"Come on Mateo, come help me with the boxes for your room baby." I told him while I picked up one of the heavier ones.

He came running from outside and grabbed the little box from next to me. I smiled and watched him as he headed down the hall with the box. The box isn't very light, but my baby is very strong thanks to his big headed daddy.

"You can put it over here honey." I pointed.

He gladly ran over and sat the box on the floor before taking a seat and pulling all the books out of it and going to put them on the book shelf Ronnie had put together earlier. Today we've been moving into our new house, and even though it's a lot of shit to move, I've still been happy. I'm just happy that Ronnie kept his promise and he got us out of South Central. It took a while, but I never expected it to happen over night, I'm just happy it happened period.

Ronnie's been happy about the move too, and keeps talking about all of the great shit that's going to happen for us. He isn't out of the game still, and probably won't be for a while since he still has to maintain and getting a regular job just is out of the question. I'm not going to force him to leave next month or anything, but I did give him a two year time period in which he'd have to figure something else out so he doesn't have to sell for the rest of his life. He's agreed to it and is already looking into the next thing he can do, and his mind is still set on boxing so hopefully soon we'll be getting call backs about that.

"Mommy, I'm going back outside!" Mateo yelled before running out of his room.

I smiled and finished unpacking one of his other boxes and setting things up. Mateo is something else now a days, he is definitely his fathers child and as much as I hate to admit it, it's kind of cute. I mean Taeo and Ronnie are with one and other twenty-four-seven and do everything together. When Ronnie goes and trains, so does Taeo. When Ronnie eats, so does Mateo. When Ronnie leaves, eight times out of ten Mateo is going with him. It's so cute and I'm so glad my son gets to have his father in his life and a loving father at that.

I finished up what little needed to be done in Mateo's room and headed outside where I found him standing next to the back of Ronnie's car while Ronnie laid under it, and Kayo was in the front seat doing something.

"Ehm! You all are suppose to be unloading boxes! Why are you messing with the car?" I asked.

Ronnie slid from under the car, and handed the wrench he was holding to Mateo who gladly took it. Ronnie sat up and leaned against the back of his car with a smile on his face.

"Give me a kiss." Was all he said.

I shook my head laughing. "You're a mess, but seriously can you guys get back to work? I'd like to be able to sleep in our home tonight."

"Gimme a kiss and I'll do whatever you want a nigga to do."

"Mommy, kiss daddy!" Mateo instructed. I looked at him already knowing he'd force me to.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me down towards Ronnie who was happily awaiting a kiss from me. I went ahead and puckered up giving him a kiss and then stood back up right while he started to get off of the ground.

"Me too." Mateo pleaded while pulling my pant leg.

I looked down at him to see him with his lips puckered up too. I laughed and went ahead and leaned down about to give him a kiss, but before I could Ronnie swooped him up and through him over his shoulder.