Chapter 12: Got You

Chapter 12

"I got your back boy." -Keri Hilson
--------------------------------

"You really not gone let me get these for free? They a dollar Lena!" Kayo tried to reason once again.

His annoying ass decided he'd come to the store and bother me like he doesn't do it enough at home or something.

"Exactly Kayo, a dollar, a dollar you should be able to spend. So either pay for the chips or get out." I pointed towards the door. He huffed and dug in his pocket before pulling out a stack of cash and pulling one of the ones out of it.

He has all the nerve in the world, coming in here demanding a free bag of chips when he's ballin' how he his. I know all of Ronnie's workers get paid on the daily and you can definitely tell from how they always have their girls decked out and gettin' new rims and paint jobs on they car almost every other week. But Kayo hasn't been spending his money all reckless like the rest of these guys, the only time I actually see him give money away is when he's giving it to mama or Papi to help with the bills.

"You rude as shit Lena." He mumbled as I opened the cash register and slipped the dollar in.

I shrugged and looked back at him. "Oh wow I care so much." I stated before rolling my eyes.

He scoffed and leaned on the counter opening his bag of chips and taking a couple out as he watched a few girls walk into the store. I snapped in front of him making him jerk around to look back at me.

"Whatchu here for anyways?" I asked him.

"Oh yea, I originally came to talk to you 'bout something."

"Okay talk."

"You and Ronnie datin' or some shit?"

I looked shock and then rolled my eyes. How in the hell would he know about that already? It was just last night that I even agreed to make this little relationship official. I hadn't even told Marisol about it yet and I expect her to go and run her mouth about how her best friend is dating Ronnie Menunos, so I don't know how Kayo knows.

"Why are you asking, did someone tell you something?" I asked.

"Not really, I just saw you try an sneak in all late an shit last night after getting out of Ronnie's car, and all this morning at the factory he been nice an shit. Thought that might have something to do with you." He explained. I shook my head and caught myself smiling a little at the thought of Ronnie being happy on the account of me.

After I agreed to be his girl, we just made popcorn and watched a movie, but after the movie I wanted to play him in Spades so that lasted forever since the both of us kept demanding rematches. Overall it was a chill night, a lot more fun than I had ever anticipated having with Ronnie in my whole life. Before meeting him I thought of him more as someone who barely went home and didn't do anything but slang and get into fights, but last night and the other night that I had came to his house shows other wise.

"Well then, yes, we are together." I admitted. Kayo's face went to stone and he rolled up his bag of chips before setting them on the counter and fully turning towards me.

"Lena you better be careful fuckin' with Ronnie man. You know that nigga bad news so whatchu datin' him for?" He snapped. I stepped back at his tone of voice and then stepped forward again leaning closer to his face.

"I'm dating him because I like him. If he's such bad news then why the hell are you working for him?" I countered. He didn't say anything just shook his head and picked his chips back up.

"Exactly."

"Exactly nothin' smart ass. You still need to be careful wit' him though Lee, ion't need him breakin' yo heart like I know he will."