Chapter 15: Big Ideas

Chapter 15

Big Ideas
------------------------------------
Lena

"Stop touching me Ronnie." I groaned, feeling his hand squeeze my butt a couple of times.

"Then get up mami; we gotta go." He explained making me turn to look at him.

Where could we possibly have to go? Honestly I didn't want to go anywhere at all after the crazy shit that went down last night, and honestly it should be in both Ronnie and I's best interest to lay low. I don't think we should be making any moves especially since I don't know what this Henno nigga look like or who his men are, so they could very well run up on me and I not know a thing.

"Where are we going and why?" I asked.

He smiled and wrapped his arms tighter then what he's had them all night which was pretty damn tight. "I gotta go through and talk wit' Dolo, Jay and them and then down to the factory for a meeting since that shit went down last night."

"Okay and why do I have to go?" I asked confused.

He can do all of that on his own, I'm perfectly fine with being right in here all day. I do have to work but I rather call in because being down at the liquor store is way too out in the open now that I know people are willing to take me just because of their beef with Ronnie.

" 'Cause I ain't leavin' you here by yourself and you're better off wit' me. Those niggas might be comin' back and until I figure out what the fuck is goin' on you gone be wit' me."

"You realize I have a job I need to attend to right?" I asked.

I know the job is risky to be at but I still need the money and I had to ask because the way he's talking it's like he's trynna make this being around him thing, a long term issue and I can't just do that; I got money to make.

He shook his head licking his lips. "Nah that's gone have to wait for a little bit mami. I'll talk wit' Mario and and let him know you won't be in for a while."

I looked at him like he was crazy. He can't just go and tell my boss I won't be working for a few days. "Uhm no. I'll stay here today and then the rest of the days I'll go to work and come straight home if that's what you want, but I can't just not go to work Ronnie."

"Yea you can. Honestly you gone have ta quit all together 'cause I ain't puttin' you at risk down there."

"How am I suppose to make money Ronnie? I have things I want and need and it cost to get them. I can't live off my parents forever, you realize that right?"

"Yo, you gone stop talkin' to me like I'm stupid or some shit. " He snapped making me turn back around.

He grabbed my arm softly and made me roll back over onto my back and then grabbed my other arm and made me face him again completely.

"I'm sorry Lee, just chill out talkin' to me like that." He began, in a much more calmer tone. "I know you wanna work and get paper but it ain't safe for you. As far as shit you need and want, I got all that. Let me know what you want and I'll get it. As for the things you need, what is all that?"

I rolled my eyes knowing he was going to say something along those lines . I don't mind him wanting to spend money on me here and there, but flat out depending on Ronnie isn't what I'm trying to do.

"Things like a place of my own, a car, y'know all the essentials into transitioning into adult hood." I explained. He looked at me for a little bit and then nodded.

"Iight how 'bout this. To make you feel like you doin' somethin' to get paid, you can do a lil somethin' at the trap and I'll pay you for it."

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow actually considering his idea. Working at the trap isn't something that I wanted to set out and do, but any other public job is putting me in a line of fire. It's also a stretch to have Ronnie paying me because at the end of the day he's really still just taking care of me. I'd have to think about this one.

"I'll think about it."

"Iight, well get up so we can head out."

-------------------------------------
Ronnie

I grabbed Lena's hand and pulled her little ass in front of me before walking into the trap behind her. After the shit that went down last night all my niggas need to know what's up so we can be on our toes. I don't need to lose nobody from the team and I need to look into this shit wit' Henno and see if it was really him who sent those goons.

"Ronald and Lee Lee!" Jay yelled after he saw us. I shook my head and steady stood by the door while Lena walked around giving everybody a hug.

"Yo getcho knuckle headed asses up, we gotta head to the factory."

"For what?" Dolo asked from the kitchen.

"We gotta meetin'. Some shit went down last night and it's gone have to be addressed so let's roll out. I don't got all day." I told all of them.

Everybody got up and walked out the front door leaving me to lock up and set the alarm. I don't need anyone coming and trynna jack what little we keep here, every ounce counts.

--------

"Circle up everybody!" I yelled at everyone who was stackin' or whippin' up some product.

All my men turned towards me and then cleared up they stuff and took off they gloves and what not before walking over to where the rest of us were standing.

"Iight listen up, some foul shit went down last night. Apparently Henno sent some fuck nigga ass goons down to my crib to take Lena," I started. Everybody looked over at her standing next to Jay, by my side. "Yall know Henno and yall know that's out of character, so until I figure out wether or not it was really him, yall are to speak to no new niggas. That shit includes new clients."

I know it's a little much having no new clients because that's goin' to fuck up business but I can't take any chances with this shit, until I get this inside work it won't be happening.

"No new niggas and be cautious of what bitches y'all lettin' around y'all selves, I'd hate to have to smoke one y'all because you wanted to fuck around and jeopardize the business for some pussy. So wit' all that said, if any of y'all hear shit 'bout that home invasion y'all come to me wit' the shit and only me." I yelled to make sure they understood. "Y'all dismissed, get back to work."

All of them started up they own little conversations about the shit while they started working again, leaving the rest of the crew to stand around. I turned to Dolo and Donnie knowing they're my best two to keep up with any information needed.

"Iight so y'all know what's up. Get me whatever y'all can, but don't make any open or risky moves to let them know we know, keep everything under wraps; I'll handle the rest of this shit."

"Yknow we on it bro. I'll get back witchu if we find anything." Dolo told me before leaving out the factory wit' Jay right behind him.

I turned to Lena and caught her biting her nails lookin' nervous, it made me reconsider this plan I had thought about on the way over here. I'm gone need her to do something huge for me and I know it'll be putting her in a position of danger but I got her, ain't shit gone happen if she does go through with it. She the only one I can trust with this shit so I really need her help on this.

"Baby, I'm gonna need your help." I told her, makin' her look over at me.

"With what?"

"I need you to meet up with Henno."

--------------------------------------