Chapter 23: Pick and Choose

Chapter 23

"I don't do everything how you want it, but you can't say your man don't be on it." -Jeremih
----------------------------------
Ronnie ; 5 months later

"Come on Ronnie, help me bring this cooler outside bro." Anthony grunted while he dragged the cooler across the ground.

This weak ass nigga right here. I laughed at his ass and walked over pickin' up my side with ease while he struggled pickin' up his side. We took the cooler outside next to the table of food and set it down. I waved and hugged a few of my people that was standing near by, until I spotted Lena walking out of the house with my mama, and Mrs.Marage. All of them looked great and was laughin' and shit while I walked over to them.

"Lee!" I called her name. She looked up at me, and smiled before I came and kissed her on the lips.

"Hey baby, what's up? You need something?"

"No, just wanted to come chill witchu and the mama's." I explained. She smiled and put her own hands on her big stomach.

Today is Lena's baby shower, and my mother decided that we throw it at her and my dads house. It's been dope so far, and Lena's happy so I'm happy for her. I'm just really happy about us about to have our son soon. Yes, Lena, and I are havin' a lil boy and I'm too excited. I was gone be cool wit' a girl too, but we both really wanted a boy, and we got one.

"He's been on a kicking spree today." She told me. I put my hand on her stomach and sure enough our lil man kicked again.

We both smiled, and then looked up to see our mothers watching us wit' big ass smiles and what not. When I told my parents about Lena, and that we were having a baby together, they was pissed 'cause I ain't let them meet Lena before I went ahead and got her pregnant. I feel 'em, I mean it ain't the way I wanted to do shit either, but it happened so the fact that they was all upset and shit like I could change things had pissed me all the way off. No matter how backwards we did shit, I ain't like them talking about Lena like that so that next week I had Lena come over and meet them, and they done loved her ever since.

Lena, and my mom is like best friends now, and Lena's mama hangout wit' my mom all the damn time. Hell, they change eating dinner at one and others house every weekend now. I'm just glad that everyone is cool with one, and other and my son is coming into a family full of nothing, but love.

"You two are so precious." Lena's mama smiled at us. We both laughed, and then took a seat at the picnic table with the two of them.

While they all started talking my phone went off so I answered it, and excused myself. I walked over to the side of the house where nobody was at so ain't nobody here me. All the family is here, and friends so anybody calling me is calling for business.

"Hello?"

"Yo Ronnie, I know you at Lena's baby shower and all that bro, but we got some serious shit goin' down." Dolo explained to me.

All my other men are here, but I needed Dolo to hang back because he's the most responsible, and I need eyes on my shit at all times. "Shit like what Dolo? Come on bro, you gotta talk to me."

"Man, some niggas done stole some money out of the main safe in Linvista. Camera's caught who it was so now it's just a matter of you coming to handle things, and I say you gotta get down here now, before they be half way up outta the area."

"Nigga is you serious right now? You know Lena been counting on me to be here, and I'm wit' the fam."

"Right Ronnie, but where yo head at bro? You know you need to go handle these niggas." He pointed out.