Chapter 6: Workin' Woman

Chapter 6

"Lil shawty come through, if you know what's good for you."-Jacquees
---------------------------------------

"Take your hands off of me." I stated quietly. Ronnie still had his hand placed over my heart and I wanted him to take it off.

Whatever little point he's trying to prove its not happening.

"Why Lena? Just admit that you at least attracted to me and I'll take my hand off." He stated with a smirk on his face. I shook my head and reached up grabbing his wrist and pulling his hand off and down to his side.

I then went on to shove him making him let me go completely. If he thinks I feel anything for him besides annoyance, he is wrong. He can stop treating me like some little girl and quit babysitting me. I get that he's looking out for me just because Kayo's his new goon on the squad, but he's over stepping some boundaries by trying to get me to be into him or worrying about the people I hang with. I sure hope me taking that money earlier didn't make him think that I wanted him or needed him.

"Imma let you keep playin' like you don't want me, just 'cause I know you a little young and at this age y'all think y'all know shit, but you gone realize soon Lena." He smiled. I shook my head and walked into my bathroom.

Once I started to reach for the zipper on my dress, my hand got pushed away and then I felt Ronnie's presence behind me. I mentally rolled my eyes and was about to turn around, but he pushed my shoulders back forward and grabbed the zipper of the dress. Just the feeling alone of his breath on the back of my neck had made butterflies go crazy in my stomach. He was tantalizingly going slow on unzipping the dress and it was driving me crazy.

"You're heating up Lena." He whispered in my ear. I immediately snapped around and stepped back from him.

He was looking down at me with lust clear as day in his eyes. That's his problem now, he only wants females in a sexual way and thinks that every female feels the same about him, not me. He can leave me alone right now if all he wants is sex, I'm sure that's what this whole 'lookin'-out-for-you' thing is about, just some little façade for what he's really aiming for. It ain't gonna work.

"I got it from here. You can leave now. I'll be fine." I explained. He looked me up and down and then nodded his head, walking towards me.

"Iight. I'll see you soon baby girl. Goodnight Lena." He stated before leaning down and pressing his lips on my cheek. He held them there for a while longer than necessary and then pulled back.

He bit his lip as he left out of the bathroom and then out of my room completely. I waited until I heard the front door shut to let out the breath that I seemed to be holding.

He's too damn persistent for his own good.

-------------------------------------------

"Where are you going exactly LeLe?" Papi asked from his spot on the couch as I slipped on my shoes at the door way.

"Out to look for jobs Papi. I'll be back soon." I smiled as I walked over to him and leaned down to give him a kiss on the cheek. He returned the favor and then went back to watch whatever boxing match he had recorded from the other night.

"Good luck out there baby girl!" He yelled just before I closed the door behind me.

I know its only been a day after graduation, and most kids are chilling and enjoying the fact that they won't be having school any time soon, but I just can't sit up in the house all day with Papi. Mama had already went to help Ms.Lorita down at her fruit market, and Kayo had some meeting to attend to with the guys. Papi and I seem to be the only ones without something to do today and it made me realize this will be the rest of my spring and  summer if I don't figure out something to do with myself, and besides, a little money in my pockets would be nice too. Also the sooner I get a job, the sooner I can pay Ronnie back his money, so he doesn't think I'm leading him on by taking his little gestures.