Chapter 21: To The Moon And Back

Chapter 21

To The Moon And Back
--------------------------------------
Ronnie ; 3 Weeks Later

"So what's this trip for again?" Lena asked me while I packed shit up into my bag.

"My uncle said I got some cousins that's trynna cross the boarder down in Mexico. He wants me, and some other cousins to go and pick them up from Texas."

She nodded and just let me continue to pack my lil bag of shit. Today I have to leave Lena for a few days, and I really don't want to at all. Bein' with her everyday damn near been the best, and I can feel myself changing a lil bit every day thanks to her. She been everything I've been missin', and she changed my life for the better recently so I'm not trynna be wit' out her, but I got business to handle and as soon as I get back, she mine again.

"You know you can stay out here if you want while I'm gone. " I explained to her.

"I can?"

"Yea, jut lock up and put the security codes and shit in, but you cool out here."

"How I'm suppose to get back in town though Ronnie? I don't have a car."

I patted my pockets looking for my keys, and then spotted one set up on the dresser so I grabbed it and through 'em to her. I have yet to go and get my baby a car, but I might go ahead and get her one while I'm down in Texas. She been needin' one, and I don't mind gettin' her one, hell she deserve it the way she been helpin' a nigga out in these few weeks. Since I made her quit working at the liquor store she been doin' lil jobs here and there for me so I pay her for that stuff, but she deserve more than what money I'm givin' her so a car is the next move on my list.

"You can drive the Benz."

When I looked up she was smilin' all extra big, and I just laughed at her while I zipped my bag up real fast. "I can seriously take the Benz?"

"Yes mami, that's all you. Just don't reck my stuff Lena."

"I won't baby I promise." She assured me while she got up and came to hug me. "Thank you."

"You welcome, now come outside with a nigga."

She followed me outside until we got to my truck that I was taking out. I put my bag and shit in the trunk, and then closed it before walking back over to Lena. She was glowing out here in this sun, and looked beautiful today. She look great every damn day, but she look amazing today, and I don't even think she's done anything different, she's just glowing. I wanna blame it on the fact that she feel safer where I live now, so she been more happy. I moved way out into the hills in a nice little place and Lena's in love with it more than me. She probably be here more than me too, and I'm startin' to feel like she might as well move in with me. That's another thing we'll have to talk about when I get back.

"I don't want you to go Ronnie." She pouted while wrappin' her arms around me. I chuckled and kissed her head.

"I got to mami, but you know imma be back before you know it."

"Yea I guess, but I'm still gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too Lee, but this the last big thing I have to do for a while so when I get back I'm all yours."

She smiled and leaned up to kiss me again. "Okay, that sounds good to me."

"I bet it do, but I gotta get up outta here mami." I explained. She frowned again, and I chuckled at her again before grabbing her face and kissing her.

When I pulled away she grabbed my face too and kissed me again. This is actually a big deal, because Lena and I really ain't been separated for more than a couple hours tops, so four or so days finna be a long ass time. I would take her, but dealin' wit' border shit comes with a whole bunch of problems and I don't need to put her in harms way at all. I wouldn't forgive myself.

"I love you Ronnie."

"I love you to the moon and back Lee, you know that." I recited.

She looked up at me sad, and then nodded. I only tell her that because I'm gonna be gone for a while, and because a nigga honestly don't know if he gone be back or not. I've had to go get family from the border before and it is not a joke, and anything can go down, especially with all the gang beef down there. I'm prayin' there ain't gone be no problems this time around, but you never know so I need her to know how much I love her.

"Alright baby, be safe."

-------------------------------------
Lena

"Mama that smells horrible." I frowned while mama cooked, and I sat on the nearby counter.

She looked up at me, with her lips twisted to the side, and I laughed at her face making her laugh too. "Don't even start Lee, you'll be the first to make your plate when it's done though."

"I don't know about that mama, the smell is makin' my stomach hurt." I told her honestly.

I didn't want to tell her this earlier, but my stomach has been all fucked up for a couple weeks now. More than that, so many smells that I used to love damn near disgust me at this point. I've been nervous to bring this up to her, because these have all been pregnancy symptoms, and I'm scared shitless at that possibility. I haven't brought it up to Ronnie either just because I don't know how he feels about kids, and he's been so busy I don't want to bother him with this until I know for sure, but I'm scared to even find out.

Mama turned from the stove, and then grabbed my arm and pulled me off of the counter gently. She put her arm around my shoulders and walked me to the bathroom down the hall. She looked around before closing the door behind the both of us, and turned to face me. I could see the curious look already on her face so I know she probably already has a feeling why my stomach hurts.

"Lena what's going on? Has your stomach been hurting because of smells a lot lately? Have you been throwing up, gaining a little weight, any of that?" She asked quickly. I nodded.

She smiled lightly, but when she saw my face she grabbed me into a hug, and I hugged her back. "Mama I'm scared."

"I know Lena, but you have to find out for sure baby."

"I know, but what if Ronnie doesn't want a baby mama!"

"Shhh, he's gone want the baby mija, don't even worry. Ronnie is a good man, he will be here for you honey, but we have to find out for sure first." She explained. I pulled away and nodded.

She lightly smiled again and then leaned down to the cabinet under the sink, and dug all the way into the back before pulling out two pregnancy tests. She popped back up and handed them to me, right before stepping out of the bathroom to leave me to handle things.

I sat on the toilet seat and looked down at the boxes. I can't believe I'm even holding these right now. I never imagined having kids until I had a stable job, and life, and things like mama got. My life right now is far from all of that, hell its unstable at best. I wanted to have a child with Ronnie once he was out the game, when we were both living the life that he keeps promising me, not this stuff, but I still don't even know for sure and I really have to find out.

I read all the instructions and got everything set up before doing my business and then putting them out to wait. I decided on sitting in the bathroom until the timer went off, and as soon as it did mama was knocking on the door. I opened it, and let her close it behind herself. We both looked at each other, and then I pointed at the two sticks still resting on the counter.

"Can you read them for me?" I asked her. She nodded and went over to grab them while my heart rate picked up.

She looked over the first one, and then the second before looking up at me with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Both of them are positive Lee. You're pregnant."

-----------------------------------