"Standing next to him."

Louis was sat back on the familiar couch facing Dr. Riley. She was in her usual seating as well, leg crossed over the other. He rolled his head back in circles.

"You're obviously in some sort of distress," was the first thing she said. "And you've come here without saying any sarcastic remarks in the last ten minutes." He forces a smile, looking away. A few minutes of silence pass in the room.

"I just—Zayn told me—but today—" he started sentences but never finished them. There was just too much to talk about and too much he went through that he wasn't expecting. That he wasn't even ready for either. Maybe some hidden emotions have finally spurred out and he didn't know what to do with them.

"Woah, slow down," Dr. Riley said leaning towards his direction. "Take a deep breath Louis." He did as told. "Now, walk me through your day today. What happened that's got you so rattled."

The singer fumbled with his thumbs looking down at the ground in front of him. "Today the band had a photoshoot to get done. We had a limited amount of time." He releases a deep exhale. "We've just started back again and it seems we're already being rushed for everything. Just like back then. Of course it's not as—not as bad. But still." Dr. Riley took in all he said giving him the space he needed to arrive to being able to speak about what's got him so anxious on his own.

"W-what has Harry told you about—"

"Louis," she politely warned.

He shrugged, "Well what's he said about me?" His tone was soft and vulnerable. It almost took the therapist by surprise, but it gave her a feeling that this session would be different then all the rest. They'd be taking a big step forward today. "He's mentioned me right?" The vulnerability of his voice continued to stay intact.

He licked his lips looking to the far left of the room at whatever. His eyes scanned the walls showcasing her picture frames. "I-um," Louis cleared his throat. "Damn."

"Louis," she called out softly. "Your day? How did the photoshoot go?"

He rose a hand to his temple, rubbing it. "Girolle, our photographer he came up with this concept for the photos."

"What was it?"

"It was to recreate old photos of huge milestones in the band's career," he explained.

Dr.Riley hummed in understanding, "And recreating the moments for these photos...they brought up some memories." Louis gave a short nod while his gaze had wondered to the ground again. "And maybe some emotions?"

His blue eyes shot up to meet hers. "Emotions? What emotions" He spoke a bit frantically.

She casually shrugged, "You tell me." He stayed quiet, not answering her. "What did you dislike most about today, Louis?"

"I didn't--I didn't like standing next to him. I didn't like putting my arms around him and forcing a smile for the camera." He shook his head. "Damn camera. It was always smile for the camera not matter what. No matter how we were truly feeling inside. And he--he was breaking everyday and I knew it. We all knew it and we all were too but didn't know what to do. How to fix it. All any of the five of us could do was--was smile for the camera."

"Louis, you keep talking about how a "he" felt." He rubbed a hadn't over his chin. "How did you feel Louis?"

He scrunched his noise, passing a hand through his hair.

*camera flashes*

*snap*

"How are you doing today boys," someone called out.