"So what's got you in LA?"

July 23rd 2020

Louis woke up around 8am to see the One Direction account already had tweeted something the day before. The fans were going crazy and it brought a smile to Louis' face. A while later, Louis saw Niall and Liam had already done their part. Only Zayn and Harry didn't yet, he thought.

Louis had planned on spending the morning just chilling, but his family came in and demanded they watch old One Direction videos together.He rolled his eyes at their persistence, but obeyed anyways. After sitting in his large living room with his sisters and stepdad for 30 minutes watching old memories. He told them he better tweet something. And he did.

After his tweet was up for only ten minutes, he saw the hashtag "zouis" was trending worldwide. Zouis, he thought. Me and Zayn? He realized how much the fans missed 1D but maybe even his friendship with Zayn even more. The day went on and Harry had finally tweeted, but Louis didn't even bother to read it. He didn't want anything regarding Harry for as long as he had until December.
____________________________________

The next day, it came to Lou's realization that Zayn never tweeted anything. At all. This confused him since he was part of this reunion thing. So he called up Liam.

"Hey, mate. How's it going?" Liam replied with the usually expected. "So, uh about this reunion thing"

"Don't tell me you're backing out," Liam said.

"No no. Well that's my answer as of right now." Liam rolled his eyes at Louis' words. "Weren't we all suppose to tweet something about 10 years yesterday ? Why didn't Zayn?"

"The fans don't really expect Zayn to come back. Apparently he's our big surprise for December."

Louis nodded, "Oh, I guess that makes sense. So uh, have you talked to Zayn or anyone else."

"Anyone else?" Liam knew Louis didn't like to mention Harry's name but soon he'd have to considering they're supposed to meet in a couple months.

Louis rolled his eyes, "You know who?"

"Well, I spoke with Zayn yesterday actually...and Harry." Louis cringed at the use of the name but stayed quiet. "He's a bit different now from back then."

"He is? How so?"

"He was very cold and nonchalant. Not once did he fit in one of his cheesy jokes. It seemed he was trying to cut the conversation off as short as possible," he explained. A deep depressing feeling had washed over Louis at Liam's words.

"Oh," was all Louis could muster.

"Yeah, man. I'm sorry to cut the call short, but I'm getting a ring from management now."

"Oh yeah. Take it. Later payno," he sighed.
____________________________________

Through the time from July to December a lot really was happening in the music industry. Little mix was releasing music, Billie Eilish released a single, a lot was happening. Soon enough December rolled around and Louis was requested in LA to meet with the rest of the boys. Well he'd spend a week in LA before having to actually see any of them. So he figured why not use the time to visit his little one.

Louis had bought a home in LA in 2016 so he'd be able to have a place to come to whenever he wanted to visit Freddie. In the house Freddie had his own room decorated with stickers and posters of what Louis knew were his son's favorite cartoon characters. He gave Freddie his own play room connected to it with similar decorations.

Now, Louis didn't have the best relationship with Freddie's mom, Briana but it wasn't the worst. They got along when they needed to. It was really only for Freddie's happiness though.

Two days in LA, Briana brought Freddie to Louis' to visit. "Hey, mate. Look how big you've gotten," Louis said as Freddie ran into his arms.

"Thanks Dad. How's you been," the four year old giggled.

"Great, now that you're here." Louis embraced his son and then looked up to the woman standing at the door. "You can come in Briana. I don't bite."

She rolled her eyes and also gave him a hug. When she pulled back she asked, "So what's got you in LA?"

"My handsome son and beautiful baby momma," he smirked. Briana kept her smile on as she knew Freddie was watching his parents interact. Louis looked down to him. Freddie's eye were sparkling with excitement watching his dad's flirtatious behavior toward his mom.

She bent down to her son, "Why don't you go to your playroom, bud?" Freddie nodded with a bright smile. He made his way to room on his own. Louis visited and brought him here enough times for him to know his way around the house.

___________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the boring filler chapter lol

- elle