"Im your only son."

It was now the third week of December so of course the holidays were coming up. Liam and Niall had come over to Louis' LA home to catch up a bit. The three sat outside on a balcony looking over the scenery.  "Well lads, you headed back to London for the holidays too?" Niall asked.

"No, I'd like to spend the holidays with Briana and Freddie this time round. We'll have to come back here after holiday anyways," Louis replied.

"Yeah, I'm going back to spend it with Bear and Cheryl," Liam sighed. Niall and Louis picked up on his tone, "You and Cheryl alright?"

Liam shrugged, "As fine we can be. We're only getting along for Bear."

"Yeah I get that," Louis said blowing out a puff of smoke from his cigarette.

"Wow lads. Time really flew by, you two already have kids," said Niall.

Liam chuckled, "and none of us are even married yet." The boys all let out small laughs at Liam's statement. Then Louis' phone starts ringing on the table in front them. The caller ID shows it's Briana.

"Better take that. It seems it's the baby mama." Louis looks up to Liam and smiles slightly.

He stands from his seat to go out of ear shot from the boys, "Hey, is everything okay?" He hears sniffling on the line. Before he can ask anymore questions worry creeps up inside him, Briana answers, "Hey, I'm outside your house with Freddie right now and believe me when I say if I didn't have to I wouldn't. He wouldn't stop begging and crying for me to bring him over."

A small smile pulls at Louis' lips. His son must really enjoy his presence. "Yeah, yeah it's fine. Come on in. You've got a key right?" Briana hums in response. Louis turns back to his guests, "Sorry mates, I've got new company coming over."

"It's no problem lad. We should get going anyway, yeah?" Niall says turning to Liam. Just as Liam nods,  him and Niall hear a voice they haven't heard in a while. Not since 2015. "Louis, where are you. This house is so damn—"

"Out here," he cuts her off. Is it necessary to swear around the kid, he thought. She eventually found her way to the three and was startled, "Oh. Hello." She made a small wave while carrying Freddie on one arm and a bag on her shoulder.

Liam and Niall both gave her a nod and a smile. Louis walked over to her and Freddie cheerfully climbed into his arms, "How's my favorite son doing?"

Freddie giggles loudly, "I'm your only son."

"Granted that leaves you to be the least favorite too." Freddie pulls a fake shocked look and Louis mimicks him. Briana look at the two with a fond smile. Louis looks up to his two friends, " And look here, uncles Liam and Niall are here." They both give a delighted smile and Freddie returns a shy one.

Liam and Niall take their leave soon after. Only the little family of three remain. Louis places Freddie down in his own chair and the four year old asks, "Are you spending Christmas with us this year?" His face had retired from its previous glee and giggles.

Louis gives him a small smile, "of course."
......................................................................................

Hey, lol I'm gonna pretend I didn't disappear for months on this story, but wow over 200 reads, thank you so much ! Anyways today was my birthday yay me and I've decided to "gift" a couple chapters.

                      -elle