"Because I hoped he regretted it."

It's the next day.

Harry's somehow ended up back in his hotel room. Next to the nightstand he sees a water bottle and aspirin pills with a note. He takes a big gulp of the water while reading the note.

Don't get wasted like that ever again -L&N

His eyes widen and he starts choking on the water. Coughing over and over again for about a minute. "L?" He thinks on it and brings a hand up to his heart, "Lou?" He asks himself, his voice breaking and tears threatening to escape.

"Or Liam. It was probably Liam," he reminds himself. He sinks his head down while wiping small tears. "Fuck, what did I do last night"

Harry brings himself to stand and heads into his bathroom. While the hot water is running down his body, he pretends he's not crying. That his tears are just more water from the shower. He's happy, he's fine and I'm miserable, he thinks to himself.

Today they have another meeting planned and there was nothing in the world that could get Harry to go. Not after last night. He actually had plans of some sort anyways. The same thing once a week.

Therapy.

He arrives at the his therapists office just like any other time he's in LA. Only LA. When's he's back home in the UK, him and the therapist communicate via FaceTime. He strides inside the office to the front desk, "Hey, Amelia."

The young college girl greets him, "Hi, Harry. Dr. Riley's all ready for your appointment." Harry nods at the young girl then made his way to the elevator.
......................................................................................

"Harry, this might not be what you want to hear," Dr Riley sighs, "but joining the band again is probably not in the best interest for yourself."

Harry shakes his head, "But I want to be in the band."

The therapists closes the notebook in her lap, "It's good to be able to confront the reason. To get closure and I support that one hundred percent, but you're lingering. I think you need to realize you need to let go."

Harry brings his hands to his face. "Harry, you need to let him go. You don't deserve to be in such pain. Let Louis go."

All of a sudden Harry furiously lifts his head up, "Let him go! HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO LET GO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!"

"Harry, please stay calm," she says standing. "Take deep breaths."

He breathes and softly says, "he's my soulmate, but I'm not his." He finally looks up to her again making eye contact, "how am I supposed to just let him go."

"Why, Harry. Why do you think he's your soulmate, when you won't even let yourself have a chance with others."

"You're not telling me what I want to hear," he mumbled.

Dr. Riley walks over to him and gestures for them to sit again, "And what is it exactly that you want to hear? Because I know the thing you truly want to hear wouldn't be from me." He stays quiet. "Why did you forgive him?"

"Because," He slowly turns his head away, "Because I hoped he regretted it."

"And if he didn't?" He turns back around to face her, avoiding contact with watery eyes. "Would you still love him if he didn't?"

A single tear falls as he nods, "yeah."

......................................................................................

I'm trying to be consistent again and hopefully ya'll still like the story :)

-elle