"No Contracts"

"So that's all we have planned so far. Soon Emily, a new member in management will come in here with an itinerary and—" Simon is cut off with the office door opening once again. A young brunette girl dressed in a black pants suit walks on in with stacks of papers in her hands. She walks over to Simon and places the papers down. "Right, great timing Emily. Would you pass everything out to them?"

Emily walks along the length of the table handing papers to first Louis, then Liam, Zayn, Niall and finally the last one. Harry gives her a cheeky smile and places his hand out. As she places the papers in his hands, he shifts his hand and rubs his hands along hers causing the last of the sheets to fall.

"Oh," Emily gasped and she quickly started to reach out for the papers but Harry stopped her.

"My fault, I've got it. A pretty girl like you doesn't need to pick up my papers for me." The girl blushes at his words. The other people in the room only stare at the scene. Harry retrieves the papers himself and smiles at the girl once more. She quickly makes her way back to Simon's side. Harry looks around the room and lands on the same blue eyes again. A smirk makes his way up to Harry's lips, hoping for some irritation to show on Louis'. But Louis only gives a smirk back. What, Harry thought.

Seeing Harry's smirk, Liam rolled his eyes, "was that necessary?"

"Was what?"

"Flirting with the girl."

"Well, if it bothered someone—"

"It didn't." Louis interrupted. He then laughed to himself, catching everyone off guard. "But if you're trying to get a reaction from said person, that's a bit sad. Maybe you should move on mate."

"Louis!" Liam practically yelled full of shock. The other guys' face had the same emotion plastered on them as Liam's.

Harry gripped the arm rest of his chair, "It wasn't—"

"Can we move on to why we're here Simon," Louis said with a dull tone, indicating he was bored with the previous topic.

Zayn whispered to Niall, "what the fuck happened to them?" Niall only shrugged with the same shocked expression.

Simon clears his throat and gestures to the papers in front of them. "Right, so here we have the plans going into the end of this year."

"What's this extra packet?" Zayn asks.

Simon falls quiet at Zayn's question. A silence spreads over the room and Emily looks over to her boss expectantly. The boys take notice and look down to each of their packets. It wasn't just a 'packet'.

"This a contract?" Niall dares.

"Yes it is."

Liam picks up his packet, closely looking over it."You should've sent this earlier so we could look over it."

"What's there to look over?"

"You expected us to just sign this shit?" Simon's attention now feel upon Zayn's reaction. "This isn't 2010, Simon. We're not the same oblivious kids you got to sign contracts before." Simon looks down, it seems he's thinking on how to go about this. When he finally raises his head to face the boys again, there's a ripping sound. All eyes fall on Louis, who sits there tearing the contract piece by piece.

When he's done, he looks up to his former boss. "You think I'm going to sign any fucking contract with you? That any of us are? You must be going through some sort of brain fart, Simon."

"Contracts are how we handle business," he starts.

"No contracts."

"What?"

"I don't know about you, mates. But no contract or I'm not doing this," Niall says. All the boys turn to the Irish lad a bit shocked from the coldness of his tone. Usually he'd speak in a bright and goofy manner, but right now Niall meant business.

Simon, looking as flabbergasted as ever, "What? I can't agree to that. Contracts are important." With those words, it seemed the former blonde had enough. He stood from his chair, all eyes on him and exited the office.

"Man Niall grew some," Zayn chuckles and follows out. Simon looks to the rest of the boys, who only shrug and exit as well.

Emily gives Simon a worried look after everyone's left, "what now, sir?"

Simon sighs, "We comply with their terms or" He falls silent.

"Or what, sir?"

"File for bankruptcy."

Eyes wide, Emily answers, "bankruptcy?!" Simon only nods at her words and sighs.
____________________________________

The guys find themselves re-grouping at the buildings office. At first there's a moment of silence of them just staring at each other.

"Well, then lads. If we're not doing this anymore. I'll be off," Louis says already heading towards the exit.

Liam grabs a hold of his arm, "Hold on, mate." Then all of sudden, an out of breath. Emily runs up to the boys.

Harry takes in her flustered appearance. "You alright, love?"

She nods, "Just fine." She takes a moment to catch a breath.

"Did you take the stairs? All the way from the top floor?" Niall asks.

She nods her head and finally stands straight, looking around to all the boys. "Mr. Cowell has agreed to no contract. We'll just wing it as we go along on this journey."
____________________________________

A/N: oh my gosh, we have 40 reads (that may not be a lot to you but it's kinda for me, so thank ya'll very much) anyways don't forget to favorite and comment if you'd like. okay bye :)

-elle