Sound Vs Leaf I

A/n: hey I'm alive sorry for the long wait for an update on Konoha spider I have been busy with life problems and I also I'm an aunt, now weird I never thought to have a nephew so soon but what can you do.

The retrieval Squad had been making good time so far, having followed the scent that Kiba and Akamaru had locked onto. They had found a small campsite where the Sound Four had obviously been waiting and watching the village for the past few days. There was also signs that someone had used fairly powerful jutsu of some sort in the area as well. Currently they were doing their best to follow after their group of Sound Ninja.

Kiba at point was talking with Akamaru. "Something up?" Peter questioned curiously from his spot.

"Akamaru says that he smells blood somewhere nearby." Kiba explained even as the other team pulled up alongside of the other so that Shikamaru could listen to the report. "Two newcomers converged on Sasuke and the Sound Ninja. The two that moved to intercept have stayed behind though while the Ninja with Sasuke have moved on."

"Well I guess that confirms that the Sound Ninja are acting as an escort." Shikamaru noted to the others.

"No question we need to bring Sasuke back in for what he did." Naruto piped in eagerly. The blonde was obviously angry with himself for not taking his earlier fight with the Uchiha boy more seriously and doing some sort of damage against him before he had turned his sights on Sakura.

"Who died and made you boss?" Kiba snapped back in annoyance at the blonde. "Last I checked Peter and Shikamaru were in charge of running this show. It's up to them to decide our next move."

Naruto glared at the back of the feral boy but didn't say anything.

"Well guys?" Choji questioned curiously.

"Akamaru must be smelling the blood from a fight between Sasuke's group and these newcomers." Shikamaru hypothesized. "If we go to the spot where the fight was at we might be able to gather some useful intel on just what it is that we're facing. Course we can't rush in as it might be a trap so once we got there we would have to go into full reconnaissance mode."

"And while we do that Sasuke and the others will get farther away." Neji pointed out.

'So what are we going to do?" Naruto demanded.

"Shikamaru takes his squad and finds out what happened at the battle-site while my team continues on in pursuit of the others." Peter ordered. "Shikamaru can gather what intel he can from them. If they can't talk, find a place to hide them and move on. With Neji;s eyes you should be able to at least see us and catch up with us a lot faster than we would be able to."

"Agreed." Shikmaru returned. "Be careful though." He warned Peter. "After this fight, these guys will have to know that there are going to be other ninja on their trail. Be on the lookout for ambushes and booby traps." Peter nodded his head in understanding at the warning the shadow user had given him. "Choji, Lee, Neji follow me the rest of you are to continue pursuit with Peter." The Nara ordered, as his team broke off to gather intelligence while the other group continued to follow the trail that the Sound Ninja had left behind.

"You heard him guys, so keep your eyes and ears open. There's no telling what else may be out there." Peter commanded his squad. "Let's try and sneak up on them. Besides I still have a score to settle with that spider guy of theirs." He added as he thought of the cocky Sound Ninja that had taken off before their fight could really get started. For some reason, the idea of a copycat really annoyed him for some reason or other. Not that he knew why. His memories from the other world didn't have anything on copycats. Maybe it was something that had happened after that.