Land of Snow Part III

Peter groaned as he felt the wind whipping against his face, and the feeling of weightlessness that felt somewhat familiar. He opened his eyes to see that he was falling at an incredible speed, the forest was approaching him and that he was in some sort of freefall. His hands began moving, and the glider like device he had created during the Sand/Sound Invasion appeared and his descent began to slow. The trees rushed by him, their many branches snapping as he tumbled through the area before he finally landed on the ground with a hard thud. Groaning, he pulled himself out of the brush dusting the bits of snow, ice, leaves, and branches off of himself. He looked down at the strange device that had been forced on him and fiddled with it. The front came open and he could see a variety of wires. Using one of his kunai blades he began digging around in it till he found what looked like the control switch. He flicked it the other way and the tentacles let out another shock to him before they painfully pulled out of his body. He gasped as he felt chakra returning to his body.

"Oh yeah, that hurts." He grunted out as he squeezed the device causing the metal to shriek and the power within to pop and crackle. He then took some bandages out of his field kit and began wrapping them around his torso. He briefly considered turning his cloak into a bandage, but figured if he didn't find any of the others then he might need it later. He only hoped that his healing factor could manage to close the wounds up.

"Bastards." He muttered, as he stared up at the retreating airship. "Don't worry Naruto I'll get the both of you out of there buddy." He promised, as he glared at the shrinking item. Now that he was sure that his injuries were as treated as he was going to get them, and his chakra had a few minutes to rebuild. He was distracted as an angry roar sounded nearby and a large thump as something heavy landed on the ground. He slowly turned around and was able to see just what was making all of the noise. A giant polar bear was glaring at him, and snarling. The beast obviously believed that all of the racket was his fault. "Now take it easy and pop a cold one." Peter suggested calmly as he held his hands up non-threatening like. "You really don't want to go and do something stupid. Besides, its not like I would taste good." He tried pointing out to the large angry and hungry looking animal.

The bear snarled and took a swipe at the boy. Peter saw the incoming claw and moved to the side allowing the blow to hit the tree behind him. The large paw shattered the tree as if it was kindling. He latched onto the extended arm with one hand and pulled forward bringing the bear face first into the bottom of the trunk. While the bear was dazed he sped past the creature his arm blades slicing into the side of the creature. The bear roared as it was struck.

Peter turned to look at the animal carefully he held the bloody bracer blades out letting the blade drip onto the white snow. He then readied himself in case the bear decided to continue their fight.

The bear pawed the ground for a moment, as if it was trying whether or not it wanted to continue with their fight. It looked down on its side where the small creature had caught it in the side. It then snorted and turned away from the ninja.

"Well that's a relief." Peter noted with relief as he sank to one knee so that he could get his bearings. Had that bear connected its likely that it would have pushed even his healing powers. Today was simply a bad day to find out if his healing powers were from his bloodline or from his chakra. Once he was sure of himself he leaped up into the air and nimbly landed on a large tree branch. he leapt into a tree. He hoped that the spider tracer he had slipped to Naruto when he had been checking on his friend would be able to transmit at the distance that it was being required for. He had never tried to use the tracers across a distance more than a few hundred feet. He would follow after them as he could still sense it. Many of the Aburame Clan would have been incapacitated with all the cold, but he was managing to continue. He would have to be sure to inform Lord Shibi that he could still track an opponent even in the cold. Still, there was no arguing that the real tracking beetles were still a lot better at tracking than his tracers were. He began leaping from tree to tree hoping that Kakashi would be able to meet up with him. He really wasn't looking forward to trying to take on all of those guys again even with his chakra returning.