To The Tower

Peter sighed as he looked over the river that ran through training ground 44. The group of ninja had stopped here for a bite for lunch, between Tenten's accuracy with her weapons and Peter's webs they were able to catch as many as fish as they needed. The group had found a couple of other teams but at the prospect of fighting three ninja teams at once had quickly decided to make a run for it rather than take on so many ninja. They had found what appeared to be the remains of a Rain team with all sorts of needles and sand covering the area. After investigating the area all they had been able to determine had been that there was someone or something extremely dangerous out there. The sand was probably from a jutsu, but it was one that none of them were familiar with and so they were forced to move on. Sakura had proved most useful as she had memorized all of the various plants that the textbooks said were safe to eat, and knew precisely what they looked like making seasoning the food even easier. With Naruto and his Shadow Clone Jutsu able to mass scrounge small areas it made things even easier. Lee had tried to race Naruto in gathering the most spice until Neji had forced him to sit down. Team 10 had grudgingly admitted that Team 7 had better survival skills than they did while they ate their food.

Shikamaru hadn't liked the fact that in the long run his team was actually the weakest one of all. He had thought Sakura and Naruto being paired with Peter made them the weakest group, but the girl despite her fan boy tendency was somewhat dangerous. She had bounced between three ninja that were all older and more experienced than she was and had somehow managed to give all of them a variety of damage. As for Naruto, he had yet to see the boy in battle yet the casual way that he used some sort of solid clones did make him somewhat worried and wonder what else the boy might have up the sleeves of his orange jumpsuit. Peter had yet to do anything that gave much of a clue to his abilities since his confrontation with Sasuke. He had been rated the number two ninja for a reason though. He had somehow managed to semi keep up with a guy that had took out another guy that his entire team could barely keep up with. Add in the fact that he seemed to have formed a bond of mutual respect with the older team of Gennin made things even more troublesome. His secondary plan of using Team 7 as disposable troops against the other group was gone. He doubted that Sakura would stand for fighting Lee and might side against them or step back. No they weren't going to win by trying to take the others down. The lazy planner was distracted from his thoughts as the group began to eat the lunch that they had managed to acquire. The one god thing is it was better than anything that they likely would have managed on their own.

The group ate of the food that they had managed to scrounge up before they climbed back to their feet. "Now isn't this just the sweetest thing you ever saw. A mocking voice said. Everyone turned to look and see a Grass Team and a Sand Team standing in preperation for a fight. "Why don't you little kids just hand over your scrolls and continue with your picnic." The leader said mockingly.

Shikmaru smirked at the ninja. "I got a better idea, why don't you get lost."

"You kids think this is all some game?" The ninja said angrily.

Shikamaru smirked at the apparent leader of the group. "Let me show you just how serious this is." He said as he made a fist with both hands and punched backwards. The ninja followed his gestures and soon his teammates were lying on the ground. The other team looked in surprise at the fallen pair.

One of the ninja made a move to inspect them only to find all sorts of blades coming at them. The ninja froze in shock and surprise and was slammed into a tree where there clothes were pinned to the trunk, making it impossible for them to move.

"You really should pay attention to all of the people you're fighting." Tenten lectured the ninja as she drew another handful of blades out.

"Batter up," Peter said as he shot a webline out. It caught one ninja in the chest and he jerked it forward. As the ninja came flying at them Choji and Sakura were there to meet the incoming ninja giving a joint blow that sent the ninja flying.