Training from D to C

Shibi Abrume bowed as the Hokage entered his office. "Lord Hokage," the man said respectfully.

"Shibi, what brings you here?" The old man questioned curiously.

"My Clan Elders have heard of the Team assignments, and requested that I come and plead with you to change them up." Shibi explained to the man. "It would be better in the eyes of many within our Clan if he was to have less association with the Uzamaki boy."

The Hokage nodded his head at this. He had actually expected this meeting to happen before the final tests, which meant that Peter had managed to keep his team assignment a secret until this evening. This was no small feat when you considered the fact that the Abrume Clan were not only highly placed but were some of the best tracking and recon ninja that Konaha had. He would have to see if he could figure out how Peter managed that particular little trick one of these days as it might prove useful. "You know that I can't do that Shibi. Peter and Naruto are a perfect balance of chaos and order along with Sakura. Add in the fact that Peter is one of the few people that can successfully calm Naruto down and it was a good match. Besides, Team 7 has already had their final tests and there is nothing that I can do to change the fact that they already passed the test. In fact they are the first team to ever pass the passing exam held by Hatake Kakashi. I am sure you have heard the rumors of how hard it is to pass his tests." He pointed out to the man. "Their skills in teamwork should be celebrated. Shino and his team also managed to graduate with flying colors as well under the watch of Yūhi Kurenai."

Shibi nodded his head in understanding of the warning that the Hokage was giving to him. The conversation was official over if that was all that he wished to speak of. "Yes, we the Clan are all proud of both of them for passing the tests, studying under the tutelage of a genjutsu mistress like Yūhi, and a ninja like Hatake will insure their progress into becoming great ninjas. It would seem that the information got to the Clan Elders a little too late but I did still have to try. I am extremely proud of both of the boys in their accomplishments."

The Hokage smiled grimly at the man as he saw the barest trace of a smirk on the normally emotionless Abrume's face. It seemed that Peter might have less to do with it and that Shibi had more to do with it. It did make a certain amount of sense, Shibi had often been praised one of the best Clan head's because of his ability to keep a cool and impartial opinion on things. "May they both live long and productive lives as Shinobi." The Third said to the Clan head.

"I am sorry to have taken up your time Lord Hokage, I shall allow you to get back to work now." Shibi said as he rose to his feet.

"Thank you, and I shall of course pass along any messages of concern that you have for your ward." The Hokage said, as he watched the man disappear into a swarm of bugs that flew out the open window.

"So what do you think Kakashi?" The Hokage seemingly asked into thin air.

The silver head man dropped from his hiding place on the ceiling. "I doubt that there will be any more problems from them now that you made your decision on the matter clear." Kakashi assured him. "If not, we will work around it as best as we can."

"Good," The third said as he chewed on his pipe, "and Haruno, what is her reaction?"

"She is indifferent over his status, her main annoyance with Naruto is that she has somehow convinced herself that it is his fault that Sasuke is not on a team with her. You know how girls are at that age." The ninja said somewhat mockingly.

"I see, normal problems then when it comes to team assignments." The Third said with a smile.

"So I am told," Kakashi admitted reminding the man that he had never had a team for more than a single day or two before he sent them back to the academy.