Kidōmaru vs Haku

A/N: hello fellow readers, I'm still alive sorry for the long wait for an update for the next chapter. And I must inform you we only have one chapter left for this story I do apologize for that.

Last Time Lee rolled onto the ground spent having put everything that he had in that last hit. He raised his head weakly and saw that the Sound Ninja appeared to be either unconcious or dead. Judging by the damage that he had given him there was no telling which. Lee tried to rise only to fall bonelessly to the ground. It would seem that he would require rest and possibly time recuperating as well before he was ready to move on. "Go my comrades, and bring Sasuke back." He mumbled in a weak and tired voice. "Let the fires of youth move you forward." He pleaded, before he collapsed on the ground in an unconscious mess.

The squad kept moving as fast as they could trying to make up for the time that they had lost in their confrontation with the giant Sound Ninja. The boy had forced them to be held up by several minutes before Lee had managed to get in between the group and him. They were marking the path as they went so that Lee would be able to follow after then once he was done with the giant ninja. The Leaf Ninja had faith that their fellow Gennin would be able to handle whatever it was that the other boy had been capable of.

"So what's the plan?" Peter asked Shikamaru, as they leaped from tree branch to tree branch.

"Not sure." The other boy admitted to his co-captain as he tried to assess their current situation as it now was. While it was true they had lost their fastest member, and lost several minutes, they had either delayed or taken out a member of the opposing team as well. "The big guy cost us a lot of time. We need to figure a way to make it up." He noted in annoyance.

"Then I guess we need to pick up the speed." Peter returned to him, as he began moving a little faster. The others followed after him, matching the new speed.

"Its strange." Neji noted to the pair. "Its been quite some time, and we still haven't encountered any traps." He reported to the team captains. "What is your assessment of this?" He asked the two Chunnin leaders.

"It looks to me like we've been underestimated." Shikamaru answered. "They're cocky, and they think we're all dead now and that their big guy is the only one following them. They don't need to set a trap for their own man do they?" He asked in disgust at how little the other ninja thought of them.

"Those idiots they think we're so weak." Naruto yelled angrily at being so casually dismissed by their opponents.

"It seems your right about our enemy Shikamaru, and its insulting to be underestimated like this." A seething Neji told his captain. The boy's Clan Pride rising to the surface. "But still this could be our chance."

"I hear ya." Shikamaru grumbled. "Now we can take them by surprise."

"Something that I'm sure we would all like to do to these guys." Peter told the other boy. "They've been one step ahead of us this entire time and I think its time to change things. He got agreeing nods from the other members.

"Well this just might be our chance." Shikamaru told the others. "They finally let their guards down and now its our turn."

"Good, so lets bring them into the parlor." Peter declared.

"Indeed." Haku agreed.

The remaining three Sound Ninja were moving at a quick speed, as they had an appointment to keep. Lord Orochimaru's current body was in severe stages of deterioration, and they only had so much time before their Lord would be forced to jump into another body. The battle with the Third Hokage having done more damage than even he had expected the old man to deliver against him costing him the use of his arms. When you added in what Lady Tsundae had done to him as well, it made all the more sense for him to change bodies soon. If they didn't get the Uchiha back to the base in time for the body swap, Lord Orochimaru would be extremely displeased with them. Considering that he wouldn't be able to use the Jutsu for another three years it was likely that he would make their punishment last that long. The fact that the Leaf Shinobi kept interfering with them didn't help with the matter either. Hopefully that problem was dealt with and they could continue now. They had finally gotten the Uchiha brat and had promised him power. It had actually been pretty easy to convince him to come with them and they hadn't had to use any real force against him.