Exams history

The trio of Gennin looked the small room that they had entered it was nondescript except for a paper pinned to the wall. Sakura walked forward to read the sign while her teammates covered her back. The girl then began reading aloud from the paper while the other two waited to see if anything else might happen. "If qualities of heaven are your desires acquire wisdom to take your mind higher. If earthly qualities are what you lack, train your body and prepare to attack. When heaven and earth are opened together, the perilous path will become righteous forever. This 'something' is the secret way that guides us from this place today."

"This what," Naruto asked his teammate in confusion, "or is that a secret to?"

Sakura rolled her eyes at her teammate. "Anyways, it's about the scrolls. I think that we're supposed to read the heaven and earth scrolls now." She said confidently.

Naruto and Peter each took one of the scrolls warily. Naruto swallowed nervously as his hands unbound his scroll. The two looked toward Peter who merely nodded his head encouragingly at them. It made them feel a bit more confident since their friend's danger sense had not gone off yet. "Okay, here goes nothing." They unrolled the scrolls and looked in confusion at what they were seeing. Written on the scrolls were symbols that none of them had ever seen before. "What does this mean?" Naruto demanded of his friends. AS they looked at the scrolls they began bulging and then began spewing smoke out.

"Wait a minute, I recognize those things their summoning scrolls like the ones we use to store extra supplies in." Sakura said worriedly. "Get rid of them fast there's no telling what's coming out of them." The two boys tossed the scrolls away only for them to cross and a large popping sound could be heard.

"Here we go again." Peter said tiredly. "Naruto I need a wall, Sakura you I better take the high ground." He said nodding to the second story platforms on the edge Sakura nodded and she leaped up while Naruto's clones braced themselves to take the possible attack. Peter frowned he hoped this wasn't a hard fight because he wasn't sure how long they were going to last in a fight. They were all to tired and weakened to do much of anything else.

As the smoke cleared they all looked shocked at the figure that could be seen. "Hey, long time no see huh?" The figure said with crossed arms. Team 7 were shocked as they saw that standing there before them was their old instructor. Before then stood the familiar figure of Iruka the man that had trained all of them in the ninja arts. The man looked up at them and gave a crooked grin at his former students.

"Iruka-Sensei?" Sakura asked as she and Peter dropped back to the ground in relief while Naruto dispelled his clones.

"Looks like you guys have gone through a lot in this test." Iruka said as his eyes roamed over the beaten figures of the three Gennin. He eyed them cautiously as he considered all that he knew about the test. Sakura was wearing clothes that were nothing like what she normally wore while Peter and Naruto were wearing clothes that were stained by travel and combat. A part of him was surprised to see that the group had made it here this far, but another part of him was extremely proud though as well.

"Hey what's the deal with the surprise entrance, why are you appearing with a summoning?" Naruto questioned.

"Or are you the next stage of our test?" Peter asked as he eyed their former teacher. "After everything that we've been through are expected to fight you now as well? Although I suppose since you taught us a lot of our skills that it would make a certain amount of sense if you were the one to gage our abilities and skills." The other two looked surprised at that and looked toward Iruka cautiously.

"No nothing like that." Iruka assured the suspicious masked boy. "At the end of the second exam we Chunnin are supposed to welcome the test takers back. It was just good luck that I got to be the messenger you guys."