Missions & Healing

Team 7 had returned to the Land of Fire with little if any difficulties. During the trip Kakashi had overseen their training, encouraging them to increase their skills and abilities. The Rasengen and Chidori were off limits in training though because of the sheer power each of them required. Kakashi reasoned that it was not only bad manners to throw around high level jutsu while traveling, you could also use up a lot of your chakra and become vulnerable to attacks due to exhaustion, then there was the fact that some might see them practicing as a challenge, there was also the matter of keeping training techniques a secret. That was why it was actually safer for a ninja to be wary of what they worked on, unless they were confident in their ability to repel most attackers. Kakashi had to point this out to Naruto a few times, as the impulsive boy had wanted to work with some of the stronger jutsu. He also had to explain the difference in traveling with one of the famous Sannin as opposed to traveling with a Gennin Training Squad. The group was able to work on their taijutsu and lower ranked jutsu along with basic weapon training though. Kakashi also proved an adept duelist, and while he wasn't a user of the Mitsurugi style, he was more than capable it seemed as he used a completely different style than the one that Sakura herself was being trained in. In fact it was probably better for her to learn the strengths and weaknesses of the various styles and to be exposed to as many of them as possible.

Upon their return to the village, they reported into the Hokage's office where they gave their report on the situation in the soon to be named Land of Spring. The Hokage nodded in understanding, knowing that these sorts of things happened. Squad 7 did manage to find themselves in more than many of the other teams did though. Still, Kakashi had proved his worth by taking on a ninja of the caliber of Nadare in a one on one fight. If he could manage that, he should be able to do some of his other required duties. Tsunade thought as she regarded the team of ninja. "Alright, you all did well." She complimented grudgingly. "Here are your next assignments for the upcoming week." She explained, as Shizune handed each of them a scroll.

"New missions already?" Sakura questioned in surprise. Normally a team was given a few days before they were given new assignments.

"Things are a little tight with the loss of so many of our ninja." Tsunade admitted to the girl. "It means that we have to redeploy our resources quicker than we normally would. To let everyone see how strong we still are."

"Oh." Sakura returned, wondering what it was that they weren't being told about the situation.

"Gennins Naruto Uzumaki and Haku Yuki will be joining Gennins Rock Lee and Sasuke Uchiha on a mission to the Land of Tea. Gennin Sakura Haruno will report to Jonnin Squad Leader Might Guy and fill in the slot for Gennin Rock Lee during his absence. Gennin Peter Parker-Aburame will report to the hospital. Some of your recent skills have intrigued me and I'd like to examine you to see if I can't learn more about you and your non chakra skills." The Fifth explained to the group. "As for you Jonnin Hatake Kakashi, there are other duties that I have need of you for."

"Of course." Kakashi agreed, knowing some of what the Kage was talking about.

"Joy." Peter returned in a deadpan way that caused the Hokage to smirk at him. The woman had still not forgiven him for leading the charge against her when she was healing Kakashi. Now she would have him at her mercy and there would be nothing that he would be able to do about it.

"Well guys, come on we have two days before we all have to split up." Kakashi told the group, as he ushered them out of the office. "I'll set up a special training session for tomorrow and then we can move on out on our individual missions. I'll have a messenger inform you of where we are to meet." Kakashi then shut the door behind them so that he could go over the series of A Rank Missions that he would be performing for the next few weeks.