Meetings

Hayate turned to look at the Hokage and knelt to him respectfully. "And with that match the third round preliminaries are now finished. Lord Hokage as the Proctor for this test I present to you the winners of the preliminary exam. Hyo, the proxy for Uchiha Sasuke Gennin students of Aburame Torune, the Killing Touch Ninja and members of Team 1. Nara Shikamaru Gennin student of Jonnin Saratobi Asuma, the Former Fire Guardian of the Fire Daimyo, and member of Team 10. Gaara of the Desert, Temmari, and Kankurō, Gennin students of Jonnin Baki of the Blade of Wind, and members of Team Sand. Hyūga Neji, and Tenten, Gennin students of Jonnin Might Guy, Konoha's Sublime Green Beast of Prey, and members of Team Guy. Haruno Sakura, Uzumaki Naruto, and Aburame-Parker Peter Gennin students of Jonnin Hatake Kakashi the Copycat Ninja, and members of Team 7. Aburame Shino, Gennin student of Yūhi Kurenai, the Mistress of Genjutsu and member of Team 8." All of the ninja nodded their heads as each of them were called.

The Hokage looked over the combination of Leaf and Sand Ninja that had managed to pass through all of the tests that had been put against them. Of over a 150 ninja that had entered the exams these twelve were all that remained for the final stage of the Exams. He pulled his hat down a bit before he addressed the group. "And now, I will begin the explanation for the final round. In the final rounds each of you will put your battle skills on display. You'll demonstrate the power and control in you respective disciplines and arts. Accordingly the final battles will occur one month from now.

"Wait we're not going to do it right here and now?" A disgruntled Naruto questioned the Hokage, even as his eyes roamed around the assembled group in wary anticipation.

"This is to provide a suitable period of preparation." The Hokage returned to the blonde.

"What do you mean by that?" Neji asked coolly, sounding somewhat insulted that he might not be ready to face off against any of the other ninja here.

"Simply, this in addition to announcing the conclusion of the preliminary matches to each country's leaders. We must also have time to prepare a summons for the final selections. Not to mention you examinees are going to need time to prepare for something this important." The Hokage said with a smile. "Graduating to the next level of ninja is an important event after all."

"Look I don't get what you're really trying to say." Kankurō huffed out disrespectfully at the Hokage, causing some of the various Leaf Ninja to glare at him. "What's the point of this?" The puppeteer demanded ignoring the looks he was receiving.

The Hokage narrowed his eyes at the insolent Sand Ninja. "I mean that to know yourself and your adversaries that you need time." He explained curtly. "Even though up to this point all of the battles have been real battles as I'm sure you can all attest. They were conducted under the premise that you were fighting an unknown enemy, but that's no longer the case now that you've battled each other."

The Gennin all nodded as they considered the various jutsu and tactics the others had used in their fights. Gaara's Sand Jutsu, Shikamaru's Shadow Jutsu, Naruto's Shadow Clones, Tenten's Weapons, Temari's Wind Jutsu, Kankurō's puppet skills, Sakura's taijutsu, Peter's agility, Shino's Bugs, Hyo's stealth, Sasuke's mimicry, and Neji's Jyuuken. Each of the skills that the others used they were highly skilled in.

The Hokage nodded as he saw that the group of Gennin were all thinking. "So in order to make the fights fair and just, we're giving you this month each of you must embrace the opportunity to practice hard and learn some new tricks. Cause by now everyone knows your techniques, so using your same old techniques is a sure way to lose in the finals." He warned them as his old eyes seemed to pierce each of the young ninja before him. "And remember to get some rest as well." He advised them. "Now with all of that behind us I would like to begin winding things up."