Fight 6 Yamanka Ino vs Tenten

Ino swallowed nervously as she glanced over at her older opponent. Tenten was so grim compared to the girls in their year. The girl also had a lot more muscular compared to the others as well. The girl was so much more serious than her green clad teammate appeared to be yet lighter hearted than her robed companion as well. The girl had also remained relatively emotionless mainly laughing at the antics of Naruto, Peter, and Lee. What's more Peter actually seemed to enjoy the girl's attention a lot more than he did her own. That was something that she simply could not allow to continue if she wanted as many options as possible open to her. Not that she really wanted a relationship with the Clan claimed Aburame boy, but it was good to have her options open. Daddy did say it was good to have a reserve in place, particularly when you considered the fact that having a boyfriend as a ninja could be dangerous. Still to lose to this girl five minutes after meeting her was also a blow to her ego, she would just have to show Peter just what it was that he was missing. She would beat this girl and gain the attention that the girl was stealing from her. Under the watchful eyes of all everyone the two girls made their way down the step neither girl willing to look at the other. The pair quickly took their positions.

"I'm not really sure which of them I should be cheering for." Sakura said, as she watched the two size each other up. On the one hand there was Ino who had been her childhood friend for a long time, but the rivalry between them had changed their friendship until the two could barely even stand each other. Tenten on the other hand had a strength to her that she was jealous of.

"Then don't cheer Sakura." Kakashi advised her. "Just watch and learn." The pink haired shinobi nodded as she watched old and new friend face off with each other.

Once the two Kunochi's were finally in place did the girls decide to lock eyes and Ino did not like what she was seeing before her. This Tenten girl looked so determined, as if she was prepared to do anything to win the fight. She was suddenly afraid that this match was not going to be anything like her sparring matches under the eyes of Asuma-Sensei and the Academy. The upcoming fight was going to take all of her skills and ability possibly more than she actually had if she was completely honest with herself. Choji was their team's muscle Shikamaru was their strategist and she was the distraction. She hadn't been involved in a real one on one fight since the academy. It made her suddenly wish that Naruto or Sakura was her opponent instead of this girl. The girl had to be good to have managed to survive as a ninja for a full year already.

Shikamaru shook his head as he watched his friend prepare herself for the coming fight. He knew Ino and all of her various tricks whether there was her casual flirty ones, her demanding orders, or her jutsu. He couldn't blame the girl for being worried either, not when one thought about just what it was that she was going up against. He was reminded yet again that they were probably the weakest team here in comparison to all of the others. The fact that their team was weaker tthan even the team that Naruto and Sakura were on really bugged him and also made him wonder just what it was that they had been forced to go through to become as strong as they had. During the run to get here they had seen a bit of what all of them could do, Tenten was disturbingly accurate when it came to the various throwing weapons she had add in fact that she had hit everything that she had aimed at as he recalled. This combination made her a very dangerous ninja to fight. Particularly Ino who only had a couple of advanced jutsu's in her arsenal along with all of the other basic ones.

Hayate stared at the two girls for a moment and couldn't believe the differences between the two girls. Tenten represented strength and power while Ino represented grace and cunning. Time would tell which girl had a better hold on their skills."Tenten Gennin student of Jonnin Might Guy, Konoha's Sublime Green Beast of Prey, and member of Team Guy. The rules are simple, you may use any ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu in your arsenal that you deem necessary to win. Do you have any reason not to fight against Yamanaka Ino?" The girl shook her head, not bothering to speak as she stayed focused on her opponent. The Jonnin then turned to look at the blonde that was putting on a rather obvious brave front. "Ino Yamanaka, Gennin student of Jonnin Saratobi Asuma, the Former Fire Guardian, and member of Team 10. The rules are simple, you may use any ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu in your arsenal that you deem necessary to win. Do you have any reason not to fight against Tenten?"