Fight 2 Choji vs. Hyo

"Awe." The two boys said dejectedly as they hung their heads even as Choji choked on a chip in surprise at it already being his turn.

"Well get down there and show them what you can do." Ino ordered her large teammate. "And you better make us look good." She threatened the boy.

"You had better go ahead and do what she says before she decides to go and cause trouble Choji, you know how she can get at times." Shikamaru told his friend with a knowing look.

"Awe, do I have to? Maybe it would be better off if I was to just go ahead and forfeit." Choji suggested, as his eyes examined the near silent figure that his opponent. The guy was a member of the same team as Sasuke was on. He sincerely doubted that the boy would make things easy on him, particularly if the last fight was anything to go by. Why couldn't he have lucked out and gotten someone like Naruto to fight. During sparring matches he used to tie with the mouthy blonde a lot.

"No Choji, you are not doing that." Asuma said from where he was standing and watching his students. He sighed for a minute before speaking again. "Tell you what Choji, if you get in there and fight, win or lose I'll take you out for an all you can eat barbeque."

"Yeah, and since we tied with Team 7 this might make up for losing out on one free meal." Shikamaru added, enticing the boy to head down into the arena.

"Well if it's for an all you can eat, I suppose that's a good enough reason." Choji reasoned, as he nervously headed down the steps while Hyō leaped from the balcony to land neatly within the arena.

Hayate took one final look up at the screen before he called out for the two Gennin. "Would Choji Akimichi and Hyō please make their way down here?" The Jonnin waited patiently, as he saw the pair of boys approach him.

The two Gennin met in front of each other and stared at each other silently as Hayate began the introduction of the fighters. "Choji Akimichi, Gennin student of Jonnin Saratobi Asuma, the Former Fire Guardian, and member of Team 10. The rules are simple, you may use any ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu in your arsenal that you deem necessary to win. Do you have any reason not to fight against Hyō?"

"No". Choji returned, his mind on the thought of the barbeque meal that Asuma-Sensei had bribed him with.

Hayate nodded his head before he turned to look towards the other boy. "Hyō, Gennin student of Jonnin Aburame Torune, the Killing Touch Ninja, and member of Team 1. The rules are simple, you may use any ninutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu in your arsenal as long as you do not break any of the rules of combat do you have any reason not to fight against Choji Akimichi?"

The dark garbed figure merely shook his in the negative at the proctor.

"Very well then," Hayate said, "then as the proctor, I declare the 2nd match of the Chunnin match to begin." The Jonin leaped away as the two boys fell into combat stances.

Neither ninja appeared to want to make the first move as they wanted to gauge the reactions of their opponents. Choji broke down first though, as he began going through a series of hand signs. "Body expansion jutsu: Human Boulder." The boy said, as he expanded in a giant orb. "Here I come." He shouted, and began rolling towards the other boy.

Hyo stood and waited as the incoming attack drew ever closer at the last minute he flickered out of the way and landed on top of the incoming attack.

"Smart," Shikamaru said grudgingly, "that's probably the safest place to be while Choji uses that jutsu."

"Yeah, but can he stay up there while he's like that?" Peter questioned curiously. "Staying up there has to difficult, particularly at the speeds that your boy is going at."