A Spider meets a Fox

Peter was dropped off by one of the Anbu who helped set him up in the small apartment. "These shall be your quarters untill you can afford something more decent." The Anbu explained to the boy.

"What, you don't have group homes or anything?" Peter questioned the masked ninja curiously.

"Group homes?"

"Homes where groups of orphans live and are supervised by some adults. Maybe you just call them orphanages." Peter suggested.

"No, we do not have anything like that. The Hokage arranges for apartment buildings like these to be used for the children who are without a home, if they have nowhere else to live. The ones that are accepted into the academy, descended from ninja, or are from ninja clans are watched over by various ninja. Non ninja children are usually watched over by the civilian council. Because of your potential, the Hokage has decided to put you under the jurisdiction of the ninja and clans for now. You shall be given an allowance to use in keeping yourself alive and taught how best to use that money." The Anbu explained to the boy. "Sleep now though, you have a long day ahead of you where you must be caught up on your studies."

The boy nodded as he headed for the room his mind rushing with the little bits of information that he could remember. While the boy slept meetings happened throughout the city of the strange boy with the odd bloodline abilities and plans were put forth and discarded as fast as they could come.

When morning came and he finally stepped out of the doors of his apartment there were several eyes watching and waiting to see what the boy would do next. While none would admit to knowing of him there were many waiting to decide on their next move.

"Hey, who are you?" A loud voice questioned breaking the silence.

Several figures cringed or glared at the newly arrived figure. Peter turned to look to see a boy around his own age. The boy was blonde, had blue eyes, and several scars that resembled whiskers on either side of his face. "I think I'm your new neighbor, names Peter." The boy responded offering his hand out to the Demon Container. "And you are?"

"I'm Naruto Uzamaki." The boy proclaimed proudly as they shook hands. "Now if you're my new neighbor, then I should take you on a tour of the village. Someone has to show you all of the cool places to go to."

Peter nodded in agreement as Naruto had them wandering the Hidden Leaf Village with the blonde pointing out things of interest like where the park was, the Academy, the Market, and finally Ichiraku's Ramen stand where they had lunch. As they were leaving the stand, Peter noticed that the mountain that made up one side of the defenses of the ninja village that there was several faces carved into the rock. "Who are the Rushmore copycats?" He questioned, pointing to the stone faces that were looking down on the village.

Naruto followed the finger and saw what he was pointing to. "Those are the faces of the four Hokages. One day they're going to carve my head up there. Believe it!"

"And what exactly is the Hokage?" Peter questioned having quickly gotten used to his new found friend shouting his catch phrase out for everyone to hear. Every time he said that he had a flash of another blonde in a blue outfit catching on fire. He didn't know what it meant, but supposed that he should mention it to some adults later just in case it helped them figure out who he was or where he came from.

"The Hokage is the leader and most respected ninja in the whole village." Naruto explained to his companion. "The Old Man is also always willing to listen to me as well."

"Right, he's the go to guy and leader that everyone listens to." Peter said. "So, now that we've done all that what do you think that we should do?"