Welcome to the chunnin Exams

The week had been long and Sakura had changed her mind more times than she wanted to admit on what she was going to do. Half of the time she was sure that she was just going to skip the exam, while the other half she was more determined than ever to go through with it. Her mind kept going back to the genjutsu that she had lived through though at the start of the week. Some unknown ninja had tried to get her to back out of the Exam by using a genjutsu that had made it seem as if Sasuke had died right before her eyes. If it hadn't been for the fact that she knew Sasuke wouldn't really have treated her so nicely she might have fallen for it. But a Sasuke that wanted to just talk was odd, the fact that he hadn't demanded answers from her either made it even odder. The fact that he didn't seem to even remember what he said to her earlier had cemented it for her that she hadn't been dealing with the real Sasuke. Still the image had been one that she had trouble getting out of her head the fact that the image had then shifted to an impaled and bloodied Peter and Naruto hadn't helped her any. Seeing her two teammates lying there filled with blades had almost sent her over the edge. Still she had managed to hold it together long enough to cancel the genjutsu.

Team 7 made their way into the building their thoughts were on the upcoming tests and what they might entail so they never even noticed as they saw the third floor sign appear earlier than they had expected. Entering the hallway they saw a crowd of people around the door with the 301 sign on it. In front of the door were two boys who seemed intent on denying anyone from getting through. The group watched as a boy with a bowel haircut and bushy eyebrows tried to force his way past the pair and a swift punch sent the boy flying back. A girl in a pink top and buns knelt down to check on him while a boy with long hair watched them silently.

The two boys merely smirked at the group. One of the boys had wild spikey hair and had what looked like two giant kunai on his back while the other wore a bandanna on his head. "Taking the Chunnin Exams, and you can't even get past us? Why don't you get out of here before you guys get hurt."

"Yeah I think I hear your mommy calling ya." The other boy said mockingly.

The girl looked at the pair with a pleading expression." Please let us through, we're supposed to go in there." She said, rising and began to make her way towards the door. The boy with a bandana snapped a punch at the girl sending her to land beside the boy with bushy eyebrows.

There was some muttering at this and several of the Gennin seemed to be scared at what the boys were doing. Peter strode forward in annoyance. "Touch another student like that and we'll see how tough you really are." He said glaring at the boy.

"Is that a fact?" The boy said with a grin as he turned to face the ninja. "Come on we're doing her and all the others a favor by doing this."

"You want to try me, then go ahead?" Peter said as he glared at the ninja who was smirking as he met the boy's glare. "Try and touch her again and you'll be lucky if all I do is send you through that wall though." He assured the other boy while nodding towards one of the walls.

"While I'd love to see you try, it that really isn't much of a bother to me I'm just trying to make sure that she stays alive." The boy said shrugging uncaringly.

"Yeah the exams are going to make all of this seem like a picnic." The other boy said. "Besides, if you take the Exams not everyone is going to walk out of them these things have a way of changing you or even destroying you. For Chunnin its always life or death, they're the leaders and are the ones that lead missions. The lives of their fellow ninja are in their hands so you better be tough enough to take the heat."

"Delicate little girls like that don't belong here." The other said nodding toward the girl that was still lying on the ground glaring at the boys angrily.