Fight 10 Misumi Tsurugi vs. Uzamaki Naruto

"Alright! Finally, I can show them all what it means to be an awesome ninja like me." Naruto said as he vaulted the railing and landed on the ground before running up next to Hayate.

Go on Naruto show them what you can do. Sakura cheered down to the knucklehead below them.

"You heard her buddy," its your time to shine." Peter said in agreement.

Tenten whistled her encouragement as well. "What she said." Seeing Neji's disapproving glare, "after he cheered for us its only honorable that we cheer for him." She informed him rather bluntly.

The robed boy looked annoyed with his teammate but nodded his head in acceptance of her outlook on the situation. "May fate smile on your battle." He said somewhat reluctantly as he stared into the arena. Guy smiled proudly at his usually aloof student gave encouragement to the boy. The other Rookies also mumbled out half-hearted encouragement towards the blonde. While this was going on Misumi moved down the stairs and took up his own position.

Hayate looked between the pair of fighters and shook his head at yet another mismatched couple of ninja. The blonde boy was practically jumping in the air in excitement over finally being allowed to fight, while the masked boy in glasses didn't appear to be overly worried by the hyperactive blonde. A very dangerous mistake when you considered just who it was that he would be facing. Still, it was not his job to remind someone to take a fight seriously if they chose to be confident in their skills and abilities that was their choice. Besides he had already seen many levels of skills this day already another pair going one way or the other would not mean much. "Tsurugi Misumi, Gennin student of Jonnin Shikoro Mengu, and member of Team armor. The rules are simple, you may use any ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu in your arsenal that you deem necessary to win. Do you have any reason not to fight against Uzumaki Naruto?"

"None at all." The older boy said with a bemused voiced as he looked at the boy before him.

"And you Uzumaki Naruto Gennin student of the Jonnin Hatake Kakashi the Copycat Ninja, and member of Team 7. The rules are simple, you may use any ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu in your arsenal that you deem necessary to win. Do you have any reason not to fight against Tsurugi Misumi?"

"Not a one." Naruto returned cheerfully. "I'm going to be the one to win this fight, believe it."

"It's nice to see that Naruto hasn't lost his optimism despite the odds that are against him." The Hokage said as he observed the boy that was below them. "Despite everything that he's seen and done while participating in this test he still thinks that he will be triumphant."

"He has an energy and charisma that does seem to gather him many followers." Ibiki said in agreement nodding towards the various ninja who seemed to be gathering energy that the fights had drawn out of them. "A rare and useful skill indeed. One that every good leader should posses." The other ninja all nodded their heads in agreement as they watched the blonde that had been such a troublemaker.

"It would appear that Naruto has finally found himself." The Hokage said proudly as he prepared to watch what he expected to be a rather interesting fight. "Kakashi has done well with his student. I always knew that he had great potential as a teacher just as I knew Naruto had great potential as a ninja. They have both been god for each other in helping each other find their ways." The Hokage knew that the Jonnin hadn't really been the same since the death of his teammate. Yet watching him now was like stepping back into the past and watching the fire back in the young man. Kakashi had been skilled but now with his fire back he would be even better. A fire that had been dimmed since the loss of the Fourth.

"Very well then." Hayate said with a nod to the fighters, "then as the Proctor I declare the 10th match of the Chunnin match to begin." The ninja stepped back to allow the pair to battle.