New Hokage

The triumphant teams 7 and 8 entered the village showing their documentation to the two guards. "We also have two prisoners." Kurenai explained nodding towards the pair of Sound Shinobi. The two chunnin looked unhappy at the prospect of more paperwork that they would have to file. The fact that they were Sound Ninja though meant that there was glint to their eyes as they considered the pair that was before them. Kurenai gave the pair an apologetic and knowing grin. Izumo Kamizuki and Kotetsu Hagane were considered as a decent pair of fighters. Shortly after they had each reached Chunnin the rest of their Team had fallen due to some mess or other. Rather than chance being reassigned and split up the pair preferred to do missions that kept them near the village. Had they been older they might have been considered for some of the teaching positions of the Academy. As that option was out they did short range missions that kept them within a day or two from the village. The pair brought out the required papered work that they would all need to fill out.

"Interesting," Shino said as he regarded the pair. "You are the Chunnin that were there on the first day of our exams. You were the first test with your Genjutsu. You also helped Ibiki-Sensei and Anko Sensei when they ran their tests you were also present for the elimination rounds."

The pair of ninja smirked. "Good to see that one of you remembers us." Kotetsu said.

"I find it rather hard to forget a chakra signature after I've tasted it, even as briefly as I did yours." Shino returned to the pair as he observed them. "I suppose that guard duty is one of the responsibilities that a Chunnin is expected to partake in?" He questioned.

"Indeed. Without the benefits that the Uchiha Clan used to give us in internal security and other more important duties Konoha has to divide its forces into dealing with those sorts of things." Kotetsu returned to the boy. "Now come, there is still much paperwork for you to fill out with bringing in these prisoners." After saying this the two Chunnin set a large stack of papers that had to be signed before the prisoners could be allowed into the village.

"Now I see why most ninja prefer to kill or leave their prisoners behind." Kiba grumbled nearly an hour later as the last form had been signed and they had officially turned their prisoners over to the Konoha Torture and Interrogation Force. The paperwork is almost more of a pain than it's really worth no matter how much information they may or may not have.

"Couldn't happen to a nicer pair." Peter returned as he watched the pair get carted off so that they could be processed.

"We won't forget this you punks." Zaku growled as he was grabbed.

"Yeah, one of these days we'll get you Leaf Brats for this." Kin said in agreement.

"Yeah? Well good luck with that." Kiba returned to them with a smirk. "You're going to have to get a lot stronger before you can take us on."

"Don't forget we still have to write and file our regular mission reports as well Kiba." Hinata reminded the boy causing him to groan at the thought of even more paperwork that was going to have to be filed.

"You guys might as well get to the hospital," Izumo advised the members of Team 7, "I hear that the Lady Tsunudae is healing Kakashi Hatake and Sasuke Uchiha of their injuries today. If the rumors are correct, she may even be taking over some upper level positions within the village." He added getting an agreeing nod from Kotetsu.

Team 7 grimaced as they fought the urge to check on their teacher, but until they reported in to the Hokage's office their mission was not over. Kurenai smiled with approval at the ninja as they managed to remain strong and stick to their duty. She had almost been afraid that after the good showing that they had given during the mission that they would lose control now. "Come, we have a report to make." The red eyed woman said, beckoning her students onward.