- 5

It was a while before they arrived back at the school. The 4 of them were scent to the infirmary that sat behind all the other buildings.

Megumi and Nobara didn't have to stay long for their check up. Resting in bed was enough to heal the minor injuries they had.

Itadori was the only one who had no injuries nor did he have any side effects from the poison. However; (y/n) was given a special treatment that kept her unconscious for a few hours. All to heal her broken rib.

As for Seiichi. He transformed into a human just before they arrived. He had passed out at the front gates, breathing and sweating rapidly.

(Y/n) laid in the bed beside Seiichi, who was still asleep, recovering fast from his wounds.

She glanced over at him taking in his human form. She never gets the chance to see him like this. He's always in his fox form.

His hair was a silky pale white, and it waved over his forehead. The ends of each strand drooped past his ears, but no further. His body frame was quite slim, but you could tell he was built under his white yukata. He wasn't overly tall, but he wasn't short either. His facial structure was round, kind of like a child's, and his lips were a pale pink.

He's actually...very beautiful. (Y/n) thought.

"(Y/N)! How are you feeling!" Itadori barges into the private room with a huge smile on his face after seeing her awake. She jumps from being surprised by the sudden happiness that fell into the room.

"You're awake! Finally!"  He walks over to her bedside and weighs himself down onto the white velvet armchair.

"Itadori?" She says innocently shifting her (e/c) eyes down to his hand that held her favourite candy.

"Nobara said this was your favourite kind of candy, so I bought some for you...as an apology."  His eye didn't look as happy as they did a moment ago. Now they're downturned at the floor, full of guilt.

"You're...sorry? For what!" (Y/n)s eyes rounded at his comment.

She brings all her attention to him as he places the candy packet on her side table.

He has nothing to apologise for?

"Well, you fought that special grade on your own." He trailed his eyes across her body, that was wrapped in bandages and covered in bruises.

He regrets not being able to be there for her. This entire time he's hated himself for not doing anything to help his friends.

"I still don't know how you did it, honestly. You must be really strong!" He says, bringing that sweet smile back to his lips.

"I wouldn't say I'm strong..." She glances over to Seiichi and smiles.

"I have complete trust, and faith in my partner." Her comment surprised Itadori as he looks at the petite man sleeping in the bed beside her.

Complete trust and faith...in her partner? Why does that make me think of Sukuna? He silently thought to himself.

"How long have you guys fought beside each other?" He says, playing with his fingers.

"Well as far as I can remember, since I was 12, so about 6 years now. Of course it wasn't until I was 16 we actually started the fighting bit." (Y/n)s expression softened as she recounts her childhood.

She wasn't a popular kid. She grew up in the country side. Worked with her family in the rice fields from 3pm to 7pm every day after school.

"That's a really long time, huh. Sukuna and I have only known each other for two and a half years." He smiled at his comment, even though that curse is trying to kill him and his friends whenever he gets the chance.