~ 28

He takes his hand away from her and stands up straight. He couldn't believe who he was looking at, but he new exactly who his lady was. She might look different from back then, but her eyes were the same.

"I-I'm sorry, what did you call me?" She definitely heard him, but she couldn't believe what he said. She had no idea who the curse was, but yet she could tell he knew exactly who she was.

"How are you still alive? Did Akio's plan work?" He whispers, his eyes still shocked at seeing her.

"How do you know Akio? Who are you?" She replied. He staggers a smile and placed his fingers on his chest.

"You don't remember? It's me. I'm your reverence... Takibi." She slowly shakes her head, as to tell him she has no memory of him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure we were close back then, but my memory is very scarce of the happenings from that long ago." She says back. She was starting to catch her breath as she spoke to the kind curse. But she was afraid...

This whole time she could feel his cursed energy and it was unimaginable at how strong he is. Despite the kind eyes he showed her, the energy around him continued to grow.

"Oh, I see. So you don't remember. I guess that would mean Akio succeeded." He says, turning around to think. (y/n) peaked over his shoulder, wanting to know what exactly he was talking about.

"I don't understand. What do you mean by Akio succeeded?" She questioned.

He turns around, surprised that she didn't know, but after understanding that she couldn't remember, he happily explained it to her.

"Well, when Sukuna's soul was separated into 20 pieces, Akio took you in for his own needs; however he wasn't entirely free from Sukuna's grasp..." He goes to say.
"Sukuna cursed him, so each time he used your power he would grow nearer to death."

(Y/n) watched the curse closely. She couldn't easily believe what she was hearing. She was still trying to understand who this curse was, and how important he was to her in the past.

"To rid the curse from his soul, he had to kill himself and you to be reincarnated. The reincarnation process wasn't activated, until the time a human child was born strong enough to hold Sukuna's powers." Takibi continued to say

Her eyes shot open as Itadori's smile enters her mind. They were both very close in age so Yuji had to be the person that triggered hers and Akio's reincarnation.

"But why..." She whispers in shock. Her heart was beating so fast as the thought that she wasn't suppose to hear this runs through her mind.

Takibi followed the way she reacted. It was obvious to him this was the first she's heard it, which meant she's only just began her journey to claim her memories. Of course to Takibi he knew what that meant. Akio had founded her location and is now commencing the attack to claim her one and for all.

"So you wouldn't have memories of Sukuna but yet still have the soul of Inari... It was the only way Akio could have your powers for himself." Takibi's tone and personality changed so much within the last few minutes. It was like a switch was flicked in his head, and instantly he was back to being a servant of (y/n).
"Without Sukuna in the picture, Akio would have claimed you very long ago, and the present day you see now would be entirely different... The memories you have of Sukuna is what's keeping you from siding with Akio."

(y/n) thought hard as to why he didn't come for her at birth. If they were reincarnated at the same time, why didn't Akio just come grab her as a child. That way she'd never have to meet Sukuna or join Jujutsu Tech. Then she realised as she remembered what Sukuna told her in the hospital.