-23

Authors note:
Omg guys! I'm so sorry for the extremely late chapter. I have no excuses, work has me going into lazy mode ahah. But as an apology, here is an extra long chapter 🤍

•••

All students from the school sit on the stairs as the teachers look up at them from the oval. Gojo stood by himself with his arms crossed, subtlety smiling at principal Yaga's speech.

"For the students who did not attend a certain meeting yesterday, I am here to give you warning." Yaga looks over at all the students with confused faces.
"I will cut it short. There is currently a Curse who is potentially stronger than Gojo and Sukuna." All the students eyes widen at his words, all but Itadori, who sat to the side of the group. Keeping his distance from everyone.
"We do not know his full purpose in wanting to capture one of our students, but it is my job to train each and everyone of you, so you can stand your ground against him until death." He says. Finishing his speech.

One student from the 2nd year raises her hand and Yaga points at her.

"Yes? You." He says.

"Sir I'm sorry to ask such a dumb question, but if you say he's as powerful as Gojo Sensei and the King of Curses. Why is it our responsibility to even be thinking about going up against him?" She says, looking around her, gazing into each individual eye.

"How do you mean?" He goes to say, raising a brow, unimpressed with her question.

"That's why you have called us here, is it not? To fight against him. We are only trainees. What are some mere students against an extremely powerful Curse?" She finishes, without a single stutter in her words.

"You're right..." Maki who had been quite, finally spoke through, stepping into the conversation.

"A mere student is like squishing a bug in his eyes. But why stoop so low and continue to be a bug, when you can train to be more."  She lifts her glasses by the bridge of her nose and smiles.
"In the heat of battle, any amounts of strength is a possible victory. We are here to increase that chance." She fold hers arms, looking her dead in the eyes.

"So we're here to practically train for a 90% chance of death?" A first year boy says, cutting off Maki.

"Of course the stronger sorcerers will attack first. If need be, we will sacrifice ourselves for the cause of you students to deal the final blow." Yaga says, raising his voice.

"I honestly don't see the meaning to this. Why would we lay our lives down for a student who has no meaning to us?" The boy continues to say with a stern expression. He's known to be an intelligent student. Only doing what's necessary was his focus.

"Because this new curse will destroy the country and world if need be, to claim this student. Though as simple as it sounds, we can hand her right over, but we predict a certain someone will get in the way." Gojo says, stepping forward. All the teachers eyes turn towards Itadori, knowing Sukuna is involved.

"And who exactly is this student? If I'm really going to put my life on the line. I would like to know who it is I'm putting it on the line for." After the boy observed Itadori he sees Gojos mask flicker towards (y/n).

"The new runt? The one from the Kyoto school. Are you serious? What does she possess that the curse wants?"

"That is still up for question." Nanami says, standing at the top of the stairs. All the students backs turn around, seeing Nanami leaning against a post. (y/n) gulps the lump in her throat knowing exactly what he wanted her for.

I'm afraid if word gets out that I'm able to give power like that to people. I believe it won't just be Akio after me.

"Great. So, we are putting our lives at risk to kill a curse who wants a pathetic rat and would destroy anything in its way to get that rat, but the King of Curses will interfere if we just sacrifice her to the curse?" The boy continues to say. Gojo smiles and walks up to the boy, bending to his level while lifting his mask.