~ 38

Authors note:
• Fair warning to my readers, this is a large chapter with over 4000 words, so enjoy.

(Y/n) was passed out on the mattress against a plastered wall. Her wounds around her temples had been cleaned and the blood around her mouth has stained her lips.

Akio watches her sleep, thinking about the memory they just witnessed a few hours ago.

Witnessing her fear from her perspective was not only thrilling to see, but hard to take in. He had forgotten how good it felt to be with her, but it made him no different to the sick bastards that wonder this world today in this era.

Was he really that kind of guy, all that time ago? Was he that cruel to (y/n)?

"Agh, no! Don't even think about it!" He shouts, looking at the curse hovering over (y/n)'s body.

It had its mouth wide open, dripping with black goop. Akio shooed the curse away, causing it to retreat back into the walls.

"Jeez... They're starting to get impatient." He whispers, huffing a sigh.

The sound of heels echo at the front entrance of the house, catching Akio's attention.

"My lord? So this is where you have been hiding." The woman with long raven black hair says. Her black fitting dress skimmed across the concrete slab, trailing towards Akio.

"Yemiko?" Akio says her name, confused to see her here.

The woman from the student meeting, walks up to Akio with a soft smile.

"I went through a lot of effort to put that tracker on her. So I'm here for the trade we agreed on, but..." She looks around the open shelled house with a risen brow.
"I don't see an thousand year old fox here..." She glares back at Akio, expecting an explanation.

"Hmph." Akio laughs, turning back around to ignore her.
"I remember telling you, retrieving Seiichi was in your own power." He grabs a chair and sits down on it, glaring at Yemiko.

She bites down on her cheek, clenching her fists into a ball. Akio sighs at her reaction and rolls his eyes.

"I told you how to expose her markings, which would bring Seiichi to you; however, it's quite obvious you failed to retrieve him." He says, clearly angered that she failed her one job.
"I told you specifically, to take Seiichi so he couldn't complete the one spell that can ruin everything I have planned."

Akio sits up, his cursed energy spilling through his body. The red ominous glow, scared her, making Yemiko step back from his power.

"You had one job to do... why isn't Seiichi in your possession?" He demands.

"I-I...I couldn't, not when Gojo was there." She stutters.

Akio sucks his teeth, frustrated at the woman who fidgeted in front of her.

"Then why, tell me why, out of all the days you could have chosen, was when she was with Satoru?" He says, holding his forehead.

"The only other time I had alone with her was when she was with Sukuna the night before..." She looks down at the floor, not wanting to meet his eyes.
"Sukuna would have known what we were planning if I approached her that night. Or worse, he would have killed me."

Her voice trails away, as she noticed his cursed energy was growing more rampant. She deeply bows before him, hoping he would spare her.

"Please sir, I'm sorry. I really didn't have any time." She says.

Akio watches her deep bow, disappointed in the trust he put into her.

Because of Yemiko's mistake, he's had to put strain on his own cursed energy to force these memories of (y/n)'s to him. This could have been easier if he had more time to find the heart.