The Red Inn

1000 yrs ago: Months after the incident

"Lord Sukuna?" (y/n) calls out, sitting behind a paper door.

On the other side, a beautiful hot springs baths in the mid winter sunlight. The pools had large trees canopying over it and steam rising from the water.

A large figure sits at the edge of the springs, with his arms resting on the pavement behind him. With eyes closed he tilts his head back to the sweet voice.

"Mm?" He mumbles back.

"I have brought your saké as you requested." The shadowy figure behind the door had her head bowed and hands in front of her knees. It shivered every time after hearing his voice.

"Come out." Sukuna replies, and at that sentence, the door slowly slides open and (y/n) steps out with a tray of saké in hand. She wore a cleaner and much nicer kimono then the one she wore in her village. All to suit his taste.

She looks at the bare back of Sukuna and still tried to comprehend the position she was now stuck in.

His tattoos lined all down his back. Starting from his shoulders, to his shoulder blades and further. He was beyond her. Just being in his presence was enough to tell her she was the lowest form or being on this world.

She walks up behind him and lays the tray down beside his arms, pouring the Saké into a large sakazuki cup. He lets out a small sigh, then turns his attention to her. She shivers under his gaze and starts pouring the saké quicker. His hand goes to grab the cup, but at the last minute his fingers turn up and grabs her chin. Though when he does, the touch of The Lady Inari stings his heart and pulls away instantly.

(y/n) stumbles back and cups her jaw where he grabbed it. She looks back at him scared, her body trembling from his grip.

The reason he can't touch me is because that beautiful lady did something to me. So if Sukuna ever touches me, even laying a single finger on me, his heart starts to burn up and beats extremely fast. I have to thank the Lady Inari, but unfortunately she has passed.

(y/n) composes herself and kneels beside his body as she waits for him to finish his drink. His eyes never leaving hers.

Though right now, I have to be grateful that Sukuna has put his time and effort in protecting me from other curses who are after the power that resides in me.  She looks into the palms of her hands and remembers all the times he's tried to touch her.

But he really scares me. Especially when he watches me like that.  She raises her head and looks back into his eyes.

He had the cup to his lips and those dark red eyes gazed down at her. (y/n) has always wanted to know what goes through his mind when he looks at her.

Does he think about all the things he can do with this power, maybe how he can get rid of me and take the power for his own. Those eyes have so much behind them but I can never tell what they say.

He lowers the cup near the tokkuri which she handles, and pours more alcohol into it.

"What was your name again?" He says in a low voice. A small needle pains her heart and her face droops in sorrow.

"I-it's (y/n)." She replies quickly, recalling all the other times she's told him her name.

"Your family heritage?" He says, sipping his drink with eyes closed.