Moving on

Y/N'S POV

"No there's gotta be another way"I sighed as Thomas shook his head.

"Like what?"Gally argued"You've seen the building.She's our only way in"

"You really think she's gonna help us?"

"I don't plan on asking for her permission"

"Am I missing something here?"Brenda sighed"This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? What's going on?" Thomas sighed and leaned against the table.

"What? Afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?"Newt broke the silence in a harsh tone making us all turn to him"Hmm? Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?"

"Newt!"I interjected but Thomas turned to him.

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"Teresa"Newt spat, standing up"She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place"He slowly pushed Thomas back against a wall"Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside, you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it"Newt stared Thomas dead in the eyes.

"Newt, I....."Thomas began but Newt shoved him against the wall.

"Don't lie to me!"I jumped up towards them as Newt yelled"Don't lie to me!"He began to shake him.

"That's enough Newt!"I shouted, grabbing his arm. He turned to me and I shook my head"Calm down"He took deep breaths before turning back to Thomas.

"I'm sorry"Newt muttered then rushed out of the room. We all looked at one another in concern at Newt's outburst.

"Come on Thomas"I made my way to the roof where I knew Newt had been spending his time recently. We opened the door to find him and slowly made our way to the edge where he was seated.

"Sorry about that. Back there"He looked up as we approached. I sat down next to him as Thomas stood"I guess I can't hide this anymore"He pulled up his sleeve to reveal his arm which was covered in black veins.

"Newt....."I reached out my hand before I could stop myself, to touch it but Newt grabbed my wrist with his hand. Looking up at him, I felt my eyes stinging as he gave a straight smile, shaking his head no.

"Why didn't you tell us?"Thomas looked down, his voice scratchy.

"Didn't think it would make any difference"Newt sighed"All I know is that WICKD must have put me in that maze for a reason. Maybe it was literally just so they could tell the difference between immunes like you and people like me"

"You know we can still fix this, Newt"I told him"Okay? We can and we will"

"Don't worry about me. This is about Minho"He let go of my wrist but kept a hold of my hand, running over my knuckles with his thumb"Now he needs us. So if there is even the slightest chance that we can save him, we can get him out of there, then we need to take that"He looked up at Thomas"No matter what the cost"

GALLY'S POV

I watched as Thomas and ______ left the room to go talk to Newt. In all my time of knowing Newt, I had never seen him burst out like that. Something wasn't right with him. It hadn't slipped my sight that clearly _______ and Newt had grown closer either. It filled me with anger and sadness whenever I saw them together. I suppose that's what it would have been like if I had never stolen her love first. I couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw her in the streets, heart soaring as she looked at me. I thought she recognised me even through the mask and I was ready to jump down when I saw Newt sliding his arm around her and whispering in her ear, making her look away. 

Rubbing my jaw where she had socked me, I shook my head with a dark chuckle as I remembered all those nights when I would wake up screaming and drenched in sweat after having nightmares that one day I would find _______ again but she wouldn't be herself, she'd be.....a crank. It still made my heart clench just to think about it. Yet somehow, seeing her like this hurt just as badly.

"She didn't forget about you, you know"I was taken out of my thoughts by Frypan.

"What?"I cleared my throat, looking at him and realising we were alone in the room.

"_______. She didn't just move on from your....death like it was no big deal"

"Oh yeah, I'm sure it was really heart wrenching for her to cuddle up to Newt"I scoffed, tidying papers, avoiding Frypan's gaze.

"Gally!"I looked to see him glaring at me as I looked at him in shock. What was going on? First Newt, now Frypan? What's next? Thomas giving me a hug?

"I'm serious Gally"Frypan shook his head"You weren't there when she would spend her nights lying awake because when she did sleep, all she saw was your death in her nightmares! You didn't see her begin to waste away because she felt like she was the cause of your death and the guilt was destroying her!" Frypan hung his head as my heart began to break over what I was hearing"It was only through Newt and Thomas, that after weeks, did she began to live again. We were finally getting the old _______ back and yes, maybe she does feel something more for Newt because he manages to make her smile through all the shit she's put up with but don't you dare say she moved on without a thought to you"He ran a hand over his head and looked at me once more"_______ never stopped loving you Gally. Anyone with eyes can see how much you still mean to her. Don't let a good love like hers be kept from you because of your pride man"He patted my shoulder and left the room. I sighed, rubbing my hand over my face, just as I heard Thomas, _______ and Newt coming back down. 

"We're doing the plan" Thomas said to me. I nodded, barely registering what he said as I noticed _______ kept glancing at Newt, chewing on the inside of her cheek which was something she did when she was faced with a problem, she couldn't fix easily. 

"I'll prep gear for the four of us"I tore my eyes away from her and back to Thomas.

"No, it's just you and me. Newt and _______ are staying here"

"Hell no, I'm not letting you do this alone, Thomas" _______ outraged.

"But he's not exactly alone is he?" I icily pointed out"And besides someone needs to keep Newt's lips warm" I muttered under my breath as I saw her look at me, with hurt, assuring me she heard what I said.

"Fine...just be careful"She turned then looked back"I don't want to lose either of you"I stiffly nodded, unable to meet her gaze. She walked away as Newt and Thomas turned to me.

"Haven't you broken her heart enough?"Thomas muttered to me.

"I don't want to hear this from either of you. I already got the sob story from Frypan"I said through gritted teeth as I put on my gear.

"No listen here, you slinthead"Newt jabbed his finger in my chest"None of us know what it is about you that _______ loves so much but your death destroyed her. Even after all you've done to hurt her, she still loves you. You don't realise just how lucky you are to have someone who loves you unconditionally the way she does, most of us can merely dream"He looked away, shaking his head with a mock smile before turning back to me"If you actually care about her as she believes you do, you'll want to make things right with her. So instead of making stupid comments, I'd suggest growing some balls and actually talking to her"Newt growled and left.

I looked to Thomas who was glaring at me"Do you want to add something?"

"You're a dick"

"Great, let's go"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~