A Runner?

Y/N's P.O.V

I stopped to take a break and found my gaze wandering over to the Maze walls when,all of a sudden, I heard a yell and looked over to Minho pulling a pale-stricken Hank with him.I rushed over and got Hank's other side.I linked my arm under his and helped them over to the Med-jack cabin.

"What happened?"I asked Minho as we appoached the cabin.Clint opened the door and seeing us, hurried to prepare a bed.

"We separated and he fell down a chasm"Minho explained.

"Is he hurt?"I looked at Jeff who began checking Hank.

"Shock, fractured wrist and he's starting to run a fever"

"I have to talk to Alby.We can't let Hank be a runner anymore and I need a third person with me and Ben." He glanced at me before heading to Alby's cabin.

I went back to my station and saw Gally inspecting my work. He looked at me and crossed his arms.

"You alright?"

"Hank is hurt after falling down a chasm" I bit my lip as he winced.

We both sighed and got back to work.

~A FEW HOURS LATER~

We heard the dinner bell ding and went to dinner. I grabbed some food and sat down with Gally on my other side.

"Gally"

"Yeah?"He looked at me concerned.I felt his hand slip into mine, his thumb running over my knuckles.

"Do you think we'll ever be able to leave the Glade?"He opened his mouth to reply as Newt limp quickly up to us.

"Gally,____" He panted and clutched his leg"Alby wants you two in his cabin."We finished and followed Newt. We opened the door to see Alby, Ben and Minho waiting, they looked at us as I shut the door behind me.

"Now that we're all here, let's get down to business"Alby rubbed his hands together as we sat down"As we know Hank is in no condition to be a runner anymore but we need a third main runner. So we were thinking......"He glanced at Minho before facing me"You could be Hank's replacement,____"We all stared at him in shock.

"Are you serious?"I gaped.

"Yes"Minho nodded enthusiastically"____ when you first woke up, you were lightening on your feet and we can use that to our advantage"I blushed as they all smiled.

"But what about my job as a builder?"I glanced at Gally who was staring at me with a blank face"I do like working as a builder"

"Then how about this. You can run one day then build or rest the other day unless your help is really needed"Alby asked.
"So what do you say?"Minho said to me hopefully.

"Okay, I'll do it" They all grinned except for Gally who simply shrugged.

"Anyone object?"Minho asked before facing me."So we'll start training tomorrow, okay?"I nodded and we all began to leave.

I saw Gally turn away with the same blank look.I waved the boys goodbye before grabbing a sulky Gally and dragging him through the forest to my cabin. I opened my secret back door I had installed, and pulled him inside. He leaned against the wall as I pushed the hair out of my face because the shank weighs a hundred pounds.

"Spill"

"What?"He looked at me bored.

"Gally...."I crossed my arms as he sighed.

"You shouldn't be a runner"

"And why not?"I raised an eyebrow at him"I won't let you stop me, you know that"

"I know but I don't want you to go because it's dangerous, you saw the state Hank is in!" He ran a hand over his face as I smiled softly, touched by his concern for me.

"I'll be fine. I'm not going to be alone, I'll have Minho and Ben"

"That make me feel so much better"I giggled as he pulled me close."Promise you'll be safe and you won't leave Minho's side as much as I hate saying that"

"I promise"He smiled and bent down to kiss me.He put a hand on my back as I slipped my arms around his neck. He bit my lip making me blush. I felt him smirk against my lips. We heard a knocking on the front door. I put a finger on my lips to shush Gally before going to open the door. I saw Hank standing there, still pale and sweating.

"Hey Hank. You ok?"

"Fine. I wanted to thank you for taking my place and I wanted to wish you the best of luck. I always knew I wasn't cut out to be a runner but the glory is tempting" He weakly smiled as I gave a small smile in return."Anyways, thanks and good luck"

"You too, I hope you feel better soon"I gave him a pat on his arm which made him blush and head back to the Med-jack Cabin as I closed the door. I felt muscular arms wrap around my waist and soft lips attach to my neck.

"Now, where were we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~