Answers (1)

Y/N'S P.O.V.
I wiped the sweat off Alby's face as Newt came in with Minho and Thomas.I met Thomas' gaze before following them to where the girl was.

"Jeff, what's going on?What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt asked impatiently.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did" Jeff replied, standing up.Thomas stepped closer, peering at her.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt asked. I bit my lip as I wondered who this girl is and why she was in my memories. From what I could remember, she and Thomas were quite close. Not the best friend type of close that Thomas and I apparently were but maybe they're.....lovers? I got pulled out of my thoughts as Thomas said "What about the note?"

"We'll worry about it later"

"I think we should sorry about it now" I leaned against the wall and sighed.

"We've got enough to worry about at the moment"

"They're right Newt" Jeff pointed out"If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that. Let's not jump to any conclusions" Newt looked around at us"We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows"

"Somebody has gotta have some answers around here" Thomas muttered. He turned and began to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Back into the maze" I glanced at Newt and Minho before following him out with Minho.

"Hey Thomas!" We ran up to him, Minho stepping in front of him.

"What is this with you? A death wish?" Minho put his hand out to stop him"You just got out and now you want back in?"

"Newt said that no one has ever seen a Griever and lived to tell about it, right?"Thomas sighed" Minho, now we have one.You're telling me you're not even a tiny bit curious? "

"A little"I shrugged.

"Not really, no"Minho shook his head at me.Thomas started to walk again but I grabbed his arm. I glanced around before leaning in.

"So, what's the plan? You're gonna go out and dissect that thing all by yourself?"

"I will if I have to. Have the other runners left yet?"

"The other back up runners quit this morning." I sighed"It's just Minho and I left"I pointed my head towards where they were sitting.

"After Alby got stung, they're not in any hurry to get back out there" Minho ran a hand over his face"Why are you?"

"I think it's time we find out what we're really up against"

"All right. But you're not going back out there alone. Meet me in the wood in half-hour"Minho walked off as Thomas nodded.We glanced over at the ex-runners who were talking to Gally. I saw him glare at Thomas making me shake my head.

"C'mon Tommy" I turned and we walked away.

"He hates me" He muttered.

"He hates everyone"

"Everyone says he likes you best"Glancing at me out of the corner of his eye, I ignored my fluttering heart and scoffed.

"Believe me, he despised me. Always yelling at me. It was horrendous working with him"

"But?"

"Then I made him give me the respect I deserve"I nudged him" You should do that too"

"I wish"

"Tommy" I stopped and looked at him"Do you know why I followed you into the maze? Why I didn't run away with Minho? Because you're different, you're willing to take risks. As Minho said, we need more of that"I smiled making him smile back. We continued to the Runner cabin in a comfortable silence. I leaned against the wall as Thomas paced. Shortly later, Minho arrived, followed by Frypan, Winston and Zart.

"Will this be enough?"Minho asked.

"Okay"Thomas nodded.

"Let's get going ladies" I strapped on my harness and wiped the dirt of my trousers. I saw the boys glance at each other"What?"

"Maybe you shouldn't go ____"

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at Winston.

"It's safer that you stay here"

"Oh but it's alright for you shanks to go?"

"Look we're just saying...." Frypan began.

"I don' t care what you are 'just saying', I'm not some delicate doll!" I fumed as they sheepishly blushed "I'm going and I'd like to see you bloody idjits try and stop me"I marched towards the gate with the boys closely following me behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~