Running

Y/N's P.O.V.

TAP TAP TAP

"____!"Minho's cheery voice rang out as I groaned"Time to go!"

"Go away!"I turned into my hammock, wincing as my body was ached from yesterday's training.

FLASHBACK

I panted as Minho yelled at me.
"FASTER ____!"I made a gesture at him as he rolled his eyes"Nice gesture but you're still slow! What if a griever is behind you?"

"Then it can kiss my a-"I slammed straight into Gally causing us both to fall over.I placed my hands on either side of his head to catch myself.I exhaled deeply, staring into Gally's eyes.He gave me a small smirk before helping me up. Minho came running up towards us as we dusted ourselves off not able to meet each other's gaze.

"So sorry ____.That looked sore as well as hilarious"He chuckled as I glared at him.

"What's with all yelling?" Newt hobbled up to us, bewildered.

"I'm training ____ for her first run tomorrow"

"This is not training! This is torture" I crossed my arms as Minho rolled his eyes.

"You're exaggerating. C'mon, we only have 10 more laps"

"You're out of your bloody mind you shank if you think I'm running even one more lap"

"Which you are"

"No"

I turned on my heel, ready to leave when I heard Minho whisper"Are you not up for it? Cuz I'm pretty sure even Chuck could-"

"Slim it slinthead"I pushed my hair back and stretched before getting ready to run. I looked up at the boys who were staring at me with amusement ."Bring it"I smirked as Minho grinned and brought the whistle to his lips.

FLASHBACK

"Okay, I'm coming in"He barged in as the early sunlight streamed in making me scowl at him.

"C'mon get up. I have to show you something before I can bring you to the Maze"

"Fineee"I moaned and sat up"Be there in a few minutes"He grinned before leaving. I rolled my eyes and got out, heading to the bathroom. I freshened up and was just pulling on a t-shirt as Minho knocked once again.

"One minute"I ran a brush through my hair and opened the door. Minho looked me over then smiled.

"Looking good ____"I rolled my eyes and closed my door behind me.Minho led me to a small cabin just at the start of the forest.

"Where's Ben?"

"He's sick. He'll join us in a few days"I nodded as we reached the cabin. He put his hand on the door and turned to me.

"You can't tell anyone about anything in this room, okay? This is information is for the main runners only" I nodded and he opened the door. I saw a construction on the table in the center, with drawings scattering the walls. I approached it, examining it closely as Minho crossed his arms and leaned against a beam.

"That's the Maze's layout"

"Fascinating, how do it work?"Minho explained in great detail and I listened with full concentration for the first time. He clapped his hands together and looked at me"Got it?"

"Yep"I ran a hand through my hair"This is a lot to take in"

"I know"He sighed"But it's our job to keep the glader's hope alive"

"True words" I muttered glumly. Minho nodded and I ran a hand through my hair. "Let's get cracking" I grabbed a harness, putting it on as Minho did the same.

"You'll need this"He handed me a bag and I peered inside as we exited the cabin. There was a bottle of water, a small roll of bandages,some sandwiches and a spare t-shirt.

"Wait"I quickly ran into my cabin and grabbed my knife"I'm going in prepared"He nodded as we neared the gates.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be"I took a deep breath and followed Minho into the Maze.

~3 HOURS LATER~

"Minho!"I wheezed, stopping and leaning on my knees. Minho looked back at me, puffing and red in the face himself."We need to take a break"

"Yeah, ok"He slid down the wall and took out his water bottle. I gulped down some water and closed my eyes, leaning my head against the wall.

"Tired?"I opened my eyes to see Minho grinning at me.

"A little" I ran a hand through my hair and rubbed my calves.

"Well we are done for today"He gazed around then up at the sky" We should be heading back now"He stood up and held out a hand to me. I gratefully took it and he pulled me up. We put on our bags, took another swig of water before starting to jog back.I heard creaking and glanced at Minho who began running faster.

"What was that?"

"The Gates are closing.Faster ____, hurry!"He grabbed my hand and we sprinted to the gates.We saw them starting to shut but we ran towards the gap and slipped through before they closed.I breathed out a sigh of relief as I saw Minho run a hand over his face.

"That was close"

"Yeah, it was"He looked at me and smiled"Not bad for your first day"

"Thanks"

"I'll see you at dinner" I nodded and headed to my cabin to wash up when I saw Gally heading to Homestead. I grinned and grabbed his arm, pulling him into my cabin.

"What the-?" I put my hand on his mouth and a finger on my lips. He glared at me and furiously prised my hand away."You scared the klunk out of me!"

"Missed you too"I smirked and slipped my hands around his neck. He rolled his eyes and pressed his lips against mine. I gripped his shirt, pulling him closer. I bit his bottom lip teasingly making him growl.

"Damn it ____. You're driving me crazy"He muttered, his green eyes growing darker causing me to blush and giggle.We heard the bell ring for dinner.

"As much as I love you Gally, I love food more" I shoved him out as he groaned"Toodles"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~