New life

Y/N's P.O.V

"Alright, that's you done"The lady pulled the needle out of my arm and I nodded. A guard walked me down a corridor where I walked into a canteen full of young people. I looked around confused before I heard someone say my name.

"Hey ______!"Turning around I saw Minho jogging up to me.

"Hey, what's going on?"I followed him to a table.

"We weren't the only maze, c'mon" He sat down at the table and I slipped in next to him and Newt.

"They came in, shooting up the place and pulled us out"A guy was explaining as Newt passed me some food and a drink to which I numbly nodded.

"What about the other gladers?"Minho asked.

"How are you feeling?"Newt whispered.

"Fine"I replied, my voice monotone.

"____-"

"Please drop it"I whispered as he sighed and rubbed my back in comfort.

"What about the rest?"Newt asked"The other people left behind in the maze, what happened to them?"

"I don't know"The guy shrugged"I guess WICKD still has them"My eyes met with Thomas' and I raised an eyebrow.

"How long have you guys been here?"

"Not long, just a day or two"He gestured to a kid in a hoodie sitting by himself"That kid over there has been here the longest" We all looked at the kid as he stared down at his tray"Almost a week"

"His maze was nothing but girls"A guy glanced at me.

"Really?"

"Some guys have all the luck"I rolled my eyes as they all smirked.Our attention was diverted as Janson arrived. I couldn't help but feel irritated by his presence yet I couldn't figure out why.

"Attention Ladies and Gents. You all know how this works. If you hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion, join my colleagues behind me where they will escort you to the eastern wing. Your new lives are about to begin"There was a small round of applause and cheer before silence once more. Janson looked down at his clipboard and began to call out names"Conner, Evelyn,Justin..."He called out about 8 names before shutting his clipboard"Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more, I would. There's always tomorrow. Your time will come. Go on eat up"Everyone clapped before turning back to their trays.

"Where are they going?" Minho asked the fellow in front of me.

"Far from here"He sighed"Lucky bastards"

"Some kind of farm. A safe place"The guy next to him continued"They can only take in a couple of people at a time"

"What the hell?"Thomas got up and went over to the window"Teresa!"He called out running towards a door before being stopped by a guard. He talked with them before returning to us. Just as he sat down, another guard arrived and told us it was time for us to go to our room. Minho raced for the top bunk as Frypan groaned.

"Too slow" He teased.

"I could get used to this"Winston grinned, laying down.

"Yeah, it's not bad"Newt commented as the door closed and locks clicked into place. I sat on a bottom bunk and sighed.

"_____ are you sure you're okay?"Minho asked me.

"I'm fine"I turned over and pulled the covers up. I heard them all sigh before settling down themselves.

~LATER THAT NIGHT~

'YOU CHOSE THEM OVER ME' Gally's face swam in front of me before being replaced by my mother. I could hear screams of betrayal and hatred, surrounding me, closing in...

I woke up gasping, covered in sweat. I felt my heart beating like a drum.

"_____?"I looked up to see Thomas standing by the sink, concern in his eyes"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine"I muttered, staring down at my hands that were trembling. I clasped them together, looking up as he sat down next to me and sighed deeply.

"No you're not"He turned towards me"You've been on silent mode since we got here. We're all worried about you _____"

"I said I'm fine!"I stood up, irritated"I'm not a child who needs to be looked after"I crossed my arms and clenched my jaw.

"It's not your fault what happened in the maze"Thomas softly said and I felt tears building.

"How do you know?! If I hadn't been so emotional neither Chuck nor Gally would have been killed!"I hissed at him, ignoring the tears pouring down my face"It's all my bloody fault! I know deep down you're angry at me because I'm such a stupid shank"He tightly pulled me into a hug as I sobbed quietly into his chest.

"No one is blaming you since it's not your fault"He rubbed my back before holding my face in hands"_______, you're like a sister to me, I am not nor can I ever be angry at you, it breaks my heart to see you like this, please don't blame yourself. You need to live again"He wiped my tears as I sniffed.

"You're right"I hugged him once more before pulling away.

"Now get some rest, I feel you'll need it"He kissed my forehead and stood up as I laid down.

"Night Tommy"

"Night _____"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~