Section 7

Y/N'S P.O.V.

Minho and I walked over to the Slammer to get Thomas. Minho leaned down and we peered through the gate.

"Big day, Greenie. Are you sure you don't wanna sit this one out?"Minho grinned.

"Come on, man. Get me out of here"Thomas shook his head as I pulled open the gate. We helped him up and I handed him the harness.

"Alright, let's go"We ran to the gate as it began to open. Minho looked at Thomas before running in.

"Let's go"I followed after him with Thomas close behind. We ran quickly as to be able to spend more time looking around.

"This way. Not much further to the inner ring"Minho called back to us"Come on this way!" We slowed down as we approached section 7.

"What the hell?"I whispered, the shock evident on Minho's face too.

"That's strange"

"What?"Thomas asked as we slowly walked to the gate.

"Seven is not supposed to be open for another week"I replied. We looked around us in wonder.

"What the hell is this place?"

"We call them blades"I spotted something in the dirt and jogged towards it, Minho and Thomas right behind me. I knelt down and picked up the bloodied tank top.

"It's Ben's, isn't it?"Thomas said quietly. I sighed and got up as Minho ran a hand over his face"A Griever must have pulled him down here" We heard a crackling sound, looking around in confusion"Woah!"Thomas pulled the device from Minho's harness. It crackled loudly as we went further in but quieter when we moved away "I think it's showing us the way"Thomas looked back at Minho and I. We followed Thomas as he led the way with the crackling device. We came to an open passage, cautiously we walked in.

"Minho, you ever see this place before?"I asked, staring around the chamber in wonder.

"No"We walked up to the end of the passage way"It's just another dead end" Minho put his hand on the wall as Thomas stared down at the device. The red number 7 turned green and we heard a loud click. The wall lifted followed by more walls that opened up, finally revealing a giant hole in the wall.

"Are you sure about this?"I questioned Thomas. 

"Nope"He took a deep breath before heading towards the hole, Minho and I right behind him. I ran my hand on the surface, feeling it thick with a slimy substance.

"Grievers" All of a sudden, a red light lit up. It scanned us and we heard clanking.

"What the hell was that?" A loud buzzer followed and Minho grabbed my hand.

"We gotta get out of here"I grabbed Thomas and we began to run.

"Give me the key!"I threw Minho the device as we ran down the passage. The blades began to turn as we exited.

"We gotta go! Run Thomas!"We followed Minho as he led us through the blades. A blade closed in front of me, leaving me on the other side of Thomas and Minho.

"_____!"I ran along the blades as they closed up. Running sideways, I crashed into Thomas"Keep going!"We exited the blades and the ground began to shift and break. 

"Don't look back!"We squeezed through the passage as it led us back in the maze. I landed on top of Thomas and Minho. I let out a sigh of relief and we made our way back to the Glade.Some of the Gladers were waiting such as Frypan, Chuck, Newt and Gally. I saw easiness in his eyes as he looked me over.

"What the hell's going on out there?"Newt asked as we panted.

"What the hell have you done now, Thomas?"I shook my head as Thomas, Minho and I paced with Newt.

"We found something, a new passage. We think it could be a way out" I told Newt.

"Really?"

"It's true"Minho agreed"We opened a door, something I'd never seen before. I think it must be where the Grievers go during the day"

"Wait!"Chuck ran up to us"You're saying you found the Grievers' home? And you want us to go in?"

"Their way in could be our way out, Chuck" Thomas suggested.

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen Grievers on the other side"Gally interjected"The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he has done as usual" Thomas let out an frustrated sigh before turning to Gally.

"At least I did something, Gally. I mean, what have you done? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time?"I saw Gally tense with anger.

"Let me tell you something Greenie. You've been here 3  days, all right? I've been here 3  years!"

"Yeah, you've been here 3 years and you're still here, Gally! What does that tell you? Maybe you should start doing things a little differently"As they argued, I saw Teresa approach and try to get a word in.

"HEY!"They all looked my way"It's about Alby"We turned to Teresa

"He's awake"We followed her to the Med-cabin where Alby was sitting up in bed.

"Alb?"Newt sat down next to him"Alby, are you all right?" I saw he had tears in his eyes and I felt a pit form in my stomach.

"Hey Alby"Thomas crouched down to his eye level"Alby, we might have just found a way out of the maze.Do you hear me? We could be getting out of here"Alby shook his head, his face in pain.

"We can't. We can't leave"His lips shook as he spoke"They won't let us"

"What are you talking about?"I sat down opposite him, the pit deepening.

"I remember"My eyes met with Gally's before I turned back to Alby.

"What do you remember?"Thomas asked quietly.

"You"Alby turned to him"You were always their favorite, Thomas. Always"We heard shouting as Alby stared down at Thomas"Why did you do this? Why did you come here?" Tears rolled down his face and he held his head in his hands as we ran outside.

"Winston, what's going on?"I said to him as Gladers ran around with torches.

"It's the doors. They aren't closing"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~