The Past

Y/N'S POV

"Gally?"I croaked out, my voice disappearing at once. I just stared at him, not believing what I was seeing. Gally was standing there, his hair was buzzed short and he looked thinner than when I saw him last but...it was Gally. I found myself walking towards him, as if in a trance.

"_______?"Thomas reached out for me but I stopped right in front of Gally, my hand just about to brush his cheek.

"Hey ___-"Gally began, his eyes softening as the corners of his lips turned up before I threw a punch to his face making him fall over. I climbed on top of him, continuing to punch him.

"_______!"I felt Newt and Thomas grabbing onto me while Gally gestured for his soldiers to stay back."Stop _______! Wait!"

"He killed Chuck"I let out a shaky breath as Newt held my fist back.

"Yeah, I know. I remember. We were there too all right?"Thomas panted as he held my arm back.

"But you should also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down, okay?"Newt put his hand on my other shoulder, helping me up as I scowled.

"Well I can't say that's what I've missed about you"Gally said twisting his jaw"Besides I kinda had that coming. Anybody else? Fry? Newt? Thomas?"He held his arms open in a mock gesture.

"That'll do for now"Thomas muttered darkly as he held onto my arm. 

"Do you know this guy?"Jorge glanced between us.

"He was an old friend"Frypan replied.

"How is this possible?"Newt asked"We watched you die"

"No, you left me to die"I felt myself shake at his words"And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now"He shook his head"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Minho"I choked out, not able to continue or look him in the eyes.

"WICKD has him here"Newt continued, giving me quick glance"We're looking for a way in"

"I can help with that"Gally nodded"Follow me"

"I'm not going anywhere with you"Thomas shook his head.

"Suit yourself"Gally shrugged"But I can get you through those walls"Thomas sighed and we began to follow Gally who told us what happened.

"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city. They realized I was immune, patched me up and they brought me here to Lawrence"We made our way through their base"This group's been at war with WICKD ever since they took control of the city. But WICKD can't hide behind those walls forever. The day's gonna come and they're gonna pay for what they've done"

Gally slowed down, stopping then turning back to us"Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So let me do the talking, alright? And try not to stare"We looked at each other before following him. We were brought in front of an area filled with books and plants with a man standing in a patch of sunlight.

"Gally, glad to see you made it back"The man who was Lawrence, clipped at a plant, half-turned towards us"Jasper told me what happened"

"It was a slaughter"Gally held onto his vest and I couldn't help but be reminded of him holding onto his builder overalls from what seemed years ago"There's nothing we could do against those guns"

"No, but they can only poke the hornet's nest so long before they get stung"Lawrence brought a rose to shadowed face and gave it a sniff"Now, who are these people? Why are they here?"

"We need to get into WICKD"Thomas stepped forward"Gally said you can get us through the walls"

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep"Gally looked down as Lawrence sighed"Besides that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside WICKD is impossible"Lawrence held the rail of an IV tube in one hand as he faced us.

"There might be a way now"Gally said"But it doesn't work without..."He glanced at me before continuing"Thomas"

"Is that so?"Lawrence stepped out of the sun making me hold back a gasp. His eyes were sunken, his nose was just a hole and one side of his face has torn with black veins and holes. He looked more like a skull than a face"Do you know what I am Thomas? I am a business man which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?"

"Cause I can help you"Thomas replied"You see, if you can get me through those walls, I can get you what you need"

"What is it that you think I need?"Lawrence leaned against his IV.

"Time. Every last drop"

Lawrence scoffed and looked at his IV stand"Is that what I need?"

"WICKD has something we both want"

"I'll tell you what"Lawrence held his gaze on Thomas"Three can go for now. The rest can stay down here with me. Just a little insurance to make sure you find your way back"We looked at one another then back at Thomas"We have a deal?"Lawrence and Thomas shook hands"Gally, show him the way"Gally lead us to a tunnel and removed its lid.

"Newt? _______? You ready?"Thomas looked at us and we nodded. I saw Gally open his mouth before shaking his head and lowering down a ladder. As I tied up my shoelaces, I saw Newt staring at his hands.

"You okay?"I quietly asked him, making him look up as I held a hand out towards him. He took it with a quick nod and I turned to see Gally looking at me before looking down. We climbed in, finding ourselves in some sort of damp sewer.

"Ugh"Newt groaned"This is gross"I chuckled at this as we turned on our flashlights.

"Jesus, it reeks"I pinned my nose with my shirt"Yeah, I'm loving this"I saw Gally's lips twitch at the corners as he turned on the generator.

"Stay with me, we got a ways to go"He led us through the straight tunnel, our feet splashing through the dirty water. We found ourselves in front of a maintenance door and Gally held up his hand. He peered out then gave us the all clear to move through. We tried to look causal as he led us up to an overview of the city on a station.

"This is a long way from the glade"Newt said, looking out onto the glittering buildings.

"Fifteen minutes to mandatory curfew"A woman's voice said over the various speakers.

"Yeah, we better get off these streets"Gally looked around"And I know it's hard but act like you've seen it before"We made our way through the city, sticking to the shadows"They've definitely upped security. I'm guessing you shanks have something to do with that"He looked around before leading us away. We came to a wall and Gally gave Newt a leg up before turning to me. Ignoring my heart which was yelling at me that I could make the leap up by myself, I placed my hand on his shoulder, sending goosebumps up my arm. I saw Newt's head appear above me and he reached out a hand which I grabbed and pulled myself up. After thanking him, I turned back to help Thomas who leaped up, ignoring the leg up a scowling Gally was offering. Gally shrugged then climbed up himself. We ran along the outer ridges over the wall, turning into a narrow doorway and up a flight of stairs.

"There it is"Gally pointed to the centermost building"If WICKD'S got Minho, then that's where they'll be keeping him"He attached a heavy telescope while still speaking"Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years. Place is crawling with soldiers. They got surveillance everywhere and scanners on every floor"

"Sounds like a bloody fortress"Newt sighed.

"Yeah, I thought you said you had a way in"I added.

"I might"Gally glanced at me then Thomas then back out at the city.

"You might?"Thomas said, his tone tense"What the hell do you mean 'might'?"

"Take a look"Gally sighed and gestured to the telescope. Thomas looked in the eyepiece then his face dropped"I said I had a way in. I didn't say you were gonna like it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~