IMAGINE: Celebration

GALLY'S POV

"Get away"I shooed the birds away from pecking at my tools as I sat on top of the broken roof hut. Wiping sweat from my forehead, I turned to look down at the Haven which was busy with life. It had been a little over a year since we'd finally freed ourselves from WICKD so smiles and laughter were a regular part of life instead in between the grim moments of survival. I placed a hand over the object in my chest pocket as I thought about what I had to do and it terrified me.

"Oi Gally!"Shaken from my thoughts, I looked down to see Thomas and Minho waving at me. I held up a hand in response before climbing down, dusting myself as I approached.

"How's the beard coming along?"Minho grinned making me roll my eyes.

"Better than the two of you"I retorted which was true considering I had a thin layer of hair where they only had stubble. The four of us, including Frypan, had an ongoing bet to see who could grow the best facial hair in six months. So far we were 7 weeks in and my only real competition was Frypan.

"Yeah well, it's not our fault, you already have the appearance of a caveman"Thomas muttered, scratching his chin.

"Not to mention, _______ is clearly a fan of it or it would be gone by now"Minho smirked making Thomas laugh while I rolled my eyes, ignoring the heat I felt in my face.

"Did you come here for a reason or just to mock me?"I crossed my arms and scowled at them.

"Yes we did"Thomas replied"Have you seen _______ around? We need her to check over some plans for a new filtration system" Even though Vince and Thomas were kind of the unofficial leaders, it was generally accepted that if you had a problem or even just needed someone to talk to, you should turn to _______. We all teased her about how she went from the Right Arm's best strategist to the Haven's counselor.

"No, I haven't"I furrowed my eyebrows as I realised how little I've recently seen her around. She wasn't sleeping in our hut, claiming Brenda was suffering from nightmares and needed her help. However, every time I tried to talk to her, she would run off with an excuse, clearly avoiding me. I glanced up suspiciously at Thomas because if there was anyone _______ trusted besides me, it was this shank.

"Speaking of _______, you wouldn't happen to know anything about what she's not telling me, would you Tommy?"I saw them gulp as I used her nickname for Thomas mocking with an icy tone. They glanced at one another with widen eyes, confirming to me that they knew something.

"Us? What? No!"Thomas shook his head.

"_______ is a secretive person, she could have lots of things she's hiding from you"Thomas winced at Minho's poor choice of words.

"Oh really?"I glared at him.

"You know what, I don't think I finished helping Frypan prepare dinner. I'll just go check on him"Minho muttered and sprinted away. Thomas tried to follow him but I caught his shoulder and brought him in front of my face.

"I won't ever betray _______ Gally, you know where my loyalties lie between the two of you"He told me, his eyes hard. I looked to where Minho was running away and sighed.

"I know you wouldn't and I...I appreciate that because I know _______ views you as her closest brother"I let him go as he watched me with suspicion"I need your help with something actually"I showed what was in my pocket making his eyes widen in shock and look back at me"Please Thomas?"He seemed to be realising something which made him grin before looking back at me as I waited for an answer.

"Gally, you're one of the worst people on the planet"I glared at him as he placed a hand on my shoulder"But you've got my full support"

"Do you think it'll work?"I muttered, recalling _______'s panicked face whenever she saw me coming her way.

"Oh it'll work out great"He gave me a knowing grin making me look at him in confusion"Trust me"

Y/N'S POV

"That's it"I told myself as I brushed out my hair"I can't avoid this any longer. I've been hiding long enough"I had been bunking with Brenda recently because I was avoiding Gally at all costs. What I had to say to him terrified me and somehow I would almost prefer fighting a crank to this. There was a knock at the door making me gasp before seeing a piece of paper slid underneath. I curiously opened the door to see no one there before picking up the paper;

                              _______,

GALLY NEEDS YOU.COME QUICK

"What?"I whispered in confusion but I couldn't decipher the writing. I felt panic rising as I realised whoever it was, must have sent a note to avoid mass panic but why not just come themselves? I threw the note aside and ran to find him. I scanned the grounds and saw Jorge cleaning some equipment"Jorge have you seen Gally?"

"Yeah, he was with Brenda"He pointed me over to Brenda who pointed me to Frypan who pointed me to Minho who pointed me to Thomas. By now I was getting annoyed and worried. Gally could be in danger, why were they sending me on a wild goose chase over the island? I started to march towards Thomas who upon seeing me, began sprinting away.

"What the? Thomas!"I yelled, following him to cliffside where I caught him"Alright, no more bullshit Thomas"I grabbed his shoulders"Where the bloody hell is Gally?"

"Right here Princess"I whipped around to see Gally kneeling behind me, a small silver ring in his hand. My jaw dropped as Thomas slunk away while I approached Gally.

"Gally, what?"I began but I fell back speechless.

"I love you _______. I know we said we would take it slow but this is something I've wanted to do since I first kissed you. We've been through hell and back together which only made me realise just how much I need you in my life. Believe me when I say you're my soulmate _______ and I couldn't be more thankful that WICKD finally did something right when they sent you into the Glade. So _______, will you marry me?"He finished, letting out a quiet exhale. I stared at him in shock while I processed what was happening. I saw his face begin to drop, his smile faltering"Baby, please say something"

"Yes"I whispered, falling to my knees and pulling him into a kiss"YESYESYESYES"I felt tears falling when we broke apart, both of us grinning widely. He slipped the ring onto my finger allowing me to admire it more closely. It was made of small silver metal wires bounded together with a pink crystal in the center. I looked back up to Gally who was watching me anxiously.

"Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful"I kissed him softly again.

"I can't for the two of us to start the rest of our lives together"He leaned his forehead against mine making my stomach do a flip. Ignoring my pounding heart, I took Gally's hand and placed it on my stomach.

"I think you mean the three of us"I whispered as he looked at my stomach in shock then back up at me.

"You mean-?"I nodded, not being able to say anything. A grin broke out on his face and he swung me around, laughing loudly.

"I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER"He shouted making me giggle with joy. All of a sudden, there was rustling as our friends came rushing out of bushes, whooping. Frypan and Minho were cheering about they were going to be uncles, Jorge and Vince were patting Gally on the back, congratulating him with Brenda wagging her finger, listing her warning threats to him. I saw Thomas approach me and I hugged him tightly, his hands patting my hair.

"Newt would just as proud of you as I am _______"

"Thanks Tommy"We let go of each other and he went to join Frypan and Minho in their chanting while my gaze wandered over my laughing friends then met Gallys. He smiled widely reminding me that no matter where we went, as long as I had Gally and my family, I was home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~