Night in the maze (2)

PREVIOUSLY

"Good job you just killed yourselves"

~

"What?"Thomas asked as we checked on Alby while Minho slumped down against the wall"What happened to him?"

"What does it look like?"Minho panted"He got stung"

"What happened to his head?"I carefully touched Alby's head where there was streaks of blood.

"I did what I had to do"We looked back at Minho as he stared at the ground.I slipped my hand into Minho's and gave it a tight squeeze.We heard the clanking of metal and Minho stood up"We have to go. The Maze is already changing"

"Help me get him"I grabbed Alby's arm as Minho stared at me"Minho we can't leave him here"He sighed and grabbed Alby's legs as Thomas and I lifted his upper body.We carried him through the Maze.

"We gotta get him up"Thomas panted as Minho led the way.I nodded and we turned a corner.

"Just sit him down.Sit him down"We leaned Alby against a wall as we caught out breaths. We heard the screech of Griever nearby.

"This isn't going to work. We gotta go. We gotta go!"Minho stood up and began looking around.

"What are you talking about? We can't leave him here, we gotta hide him"I said as Minho shook his head.

"Where?"

"I don't know. Let me think"I gazed around the Maze.

"Are you telling me there's not a single place we can take him?"Minho groaned and shoved Thomas against the wall.

"Listen to me shuck-face, alright?Take a look around. There's nowhere to go!"He snarled at him.

"Minho"I pulled him away from Thomas"Relax"

"You don't get it. We're already dead"Thomas stood up and walked past Minho staring at the ivy-covered wall. He looked back at Minho and I, his eyebrows raised.I sighed and grabbed Alby's arm. We dragged him over the wall and wrapped the vines around his chest. We began hoisting him up the wall.

"Two three!"We pulled on the vine, pulling Alby higher. Minho turned and stared behind the wall"What are you doing Minho? Pull!"I groaned.

"We gotta go"His eyes grew wide as he turned to Thomas and I"We gotta go now!"

"Minho we're almost there, just a little more"Thomas huffed as we struggled with the vine"Just stay Minho"

"I'm sorry"Minho looked at us before bolting causing us to slip. We heard the screeching of a Griever and we looked at each other.

"C'mon Tommy"I held onto the vine and pushed myself under the ivy as Thomas did the same.We held our breath as we saw Griever claws digging in the ground. It passed by us and I let out a sigh of relief. I saw a sturdy branch and quickly tied the vine around it. We scrambled out from underneath the ivy.Thomas fiddled with the vine as I saw a Griever claw. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him behind the wall.I looked across the lane as Thomas checked to see if the Griever had gone. He nodded and we carefully made our way across the wall. I checked a corner, stepping into some slimy substance"Yuck"

"Gross"Thomas looked to his shoulder as some more slimy substance dripped onto it. We looked up to see a spider like machine staring down at us. It jumped down and we ran. It chased after us, following us as we turned and twisted through the maze.

"Oh shit!"We ran into a dead end as the Griever cornered us.

"Look!"We jumped up and climbed the ivy, running across the top of the walls before coming to an edge, the Griever snarling at us.Thomas grabbed my hand and we made a flying leap grabbing the ivy and holding on for dear life.The Griever followed us and we struggled holding on. It chopped at the ivy causing us to fall down. Thankfully we landed on vines, unfortunately for the Griever, it got entangled into the vines and ivy allowing us our escape. We ran away only to crash into Minho.

"You're crazy, you sons of bitches." He grabbed us and lead the way"Follow me"We ran as the Griever freed itself"Okay it's changing. Come on, come on!"We heard a roar as we turned a corner"This section is closing. Come on. We can lose it down here!"I followed Minho down the passage.I looked back and grabbed Minho's arm.

"Thomas! What are you doing? Get out of there!"I yelled as the wall began to close.He was staring at the Griever as it crawled towards him.

"C'mon!"He yelled before bolting as the Griever followed.

"Go Tommy! Don't look back"My heart was hammering as I watched Thomas run down the passage, the walls closing, the Griever hot on his heels"Move your ass! Come on Greenie! Let's go!"

"Thomas!"I screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 3 coming soon